The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Computer Science H446 11 June 2018 Unofficial Markscheme

If people want to suggest answers I can add them in here :smile:

Paging
Method of virtual memory so block C would be allowed into the RAM.

HTML 5 Marker (tags only)
<h1></h1>
<p></p>

<ol>
<li>
<li>
<li>
</ol

<a href ="link">text</a>

730F
1.0000 0100
Layers of TCP/IP Stack: Application Transport Network Link

Last question part 1) had the output of a going in to a not gate, and then the output of this going into an or gate with the B as secondary input

Karnaugh map expression:

(¬A ¬B) (C ¬A) V (C ¬D) in any order
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

it was 730F
TCP/IP stack Application Transport Network Link
von neumun could you say single core
Original post by parag.pin
it was 730F

Thanks. Couldn't quite remember the order!
No, any CPU can have 1 core
Original post by lastminutestats
No, any CPU can have 1 core

Your username was literally the embodiment of me this year before stats haha
Any more? How did people approach the tree question? Adding beach & bone, etc.
I just treated the tree as not being binary as you can't have BEONE for example. I drew arrows for part I and drew a vague idea of each of the two words for part ii, putting a little explanation on the side in case my annotations are misunderstood.
Original post by francist11
I just treated the tree as not being binary as you can't have BEONE for example. I drew arrows for part I and drew a vague idea of each of the two words for part ii, putting a little explanation on the side in case my annotations are misunderstood.

Agreed, I also treated it like a normal tree. It didn't really make sense otherwise
How did people write the shift Row function?
i got 37F
Also I feel like the order was 370F but not too sure 😂
pipelining was shown
Original post by EmilySarah00
How did people write the shift Row function?

I created a for loop for each of the elements in a row, and then set their position in the grid to grid(i+x,y), where y was static I was the element in the row you were at and x was the amount you had to shift by which was a passed parameter . Not sure if this would work though
To instantiate the object it was like
name= New class("...", "..... ")

With the name and parameters they said?

And did anyone get 2 and a 1/4 (2.25) for that binary question after hex
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ihatescales
I created a for loop for each of the elements in a row, and then set their position in the grid to grid(i+x,y), where y was static I was the element in the row you were at and x was the amount you had to shift by which was a passed parameter . Not sure if this would work though

I did very similar but I did ((i+x) mod 5) so if the value was 6 for example it would go to position 1
Also I feel like the order was 370F but not too sure 😂

think I also got this.
I did very similar but I did ((i+x) mod 5) so if the value was 6 for example it would go to position 1

Yeah this makes more sense tbh, not sure why I didn't account for the outer values haha
Reply 19
Original post by francist11

Aaah my mind went blank and all I could think of were binary trees rip - oh well, it was only 2 marks so should hopefully be alright!

Quick Reply

Latest