What mechanisms do I NEED to know for EDEXCEL Paper 2 Organics?Watch this thread
Revising for tomorrow's paper.
Can someone compile a list for the mechanisms that I MUST know for paper 2 tomorrow? Not sure which ones I need to know
* electrophilic addition of halogens or hydrogen halides with alkenes
* nucleophilic substitution of ammonia + halogenoalkanes
* nucleophilic substitution of hydroxide ions + halogenoalkanes (split up into SN1 and SN2 if you're past year 1)
* nucleophilic addition of "HCN in the presence of KCN" + carbonyl compounds
* electrophilic substitution of benzene ring + halogen/halogenoalkane/acyl chloride/conc nitric acid+conc sulfuric acid