BigPoppa123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in year 11 now and I have a place in a normal 6th form and and a rugby academy, I just need to accept my place in either of them on results day. I know I could take my place in college, get my 3 a levels and then take whatever course in uni but I really want to see how far I can get with my rugby so that's what I'd rather do. The problem is that once I finish in the academy ill only have a level 3 btec in sport (which is the equivalent of 3 a levels but it's only sport and nothing else) unless they decide to keep me as a professional player. what sort of courses could I be looking at if I do only come out of it with this btec because a lot of unis want things like maths and biology?
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A BTEC Level 3 is equivalent to 3 A Levels I believe (someone correct me if I am mistaken). If you'd like to study a sports related course then I'd recommend to start looking at Loughborough, the best in the country for sports related courses (that's if you want to study a sports related subject).

Don't worry, you'll definitely get into university with that qualification.
BigPoppa123
Rep:
?
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
A BTEC Level 3 is equivalent to 3 A Levels I believe (someone correct me if I am mistaken). If you'd like to study a sports related course then I'd recommend to start looking at Loughborough, the best in the country for sports related courses (that's if you want to study a sports related subject).
Loughborough say they take level 3 btecs if the student also has an additional a level but I don't know if I can do that
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BigPoppa123)
Loughborough say they take level 3 btecs if the student also has an additional a level but I don't know if I can do that
Why do you think you cannot?
BigPoppa123
Rep:
?
Why do you think you cannot?
The academy don't do any a level courses and I don't know if there's any other way I could take an a level
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The academy don't do any a level courses and I don't know if there's any other way I could take an a level
Have you considered open university before? I don't know much about it but you don't need a levels.
Allegiant Tiger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are their any night classes you could take?
BigPoppa123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Allegiant Tiger)
Are their any night classes you could take?
do they exist??
BigPoppa123
Rep:
?
Have you considered open university before? I don't know much about it but you don't need a levels.
I'll have a mooch
ohdearstudying
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are plenty of universities that take BTECs, a lot of it is based on UCAS points.

3 A Levels = 1 Level 3 BTEC

Good luck!

Maybe consider another uni?
Allegiant Tiger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do they exist??
You could always have a look online at centres in your local area and see if there is anything.
BigPoppa123
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
There are plenty of universities that take BTECs, a lot of it is based on UCAS points.

3 A Levels = 1 Level 3 BTEC

Good luck!

Maybe consider another uni?
just concerned about how a lot of the good ones only take the btec in conjunction with an a level
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just concerned about how a lot of the good ones only take the btec in conjunction with an a level
If you really need to study an a level, maybe consider sitting them privately?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exeter (ranked 1st in UK for Sport) - BSc Exercise and Sport Science - DDD-DDM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
Bath (ranked 2nd in UK for Sport) - BSc Sport and Exercise Science (and other courses) - D*D*D in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
Oliver456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Will I be able to do a chemistry degree with a BTEC applied science diploma and A level accounting . My predicted grades are D*D* and B in accounting would really appreciate people's help
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Level 3 EXTENDED diploma = 3 A levels
Level 3 diploma- 1 A level

Making it clear .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (53)
36.81%
No (74)
51.39%
I don't know (17)
11.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed