What to do in London on your own?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
basically I'm going up to meet some family in Kent for a day and wanted to go out into London (and check out Brunel and the national gallery) the following day, which is this Sunday coming. I was meant to do it with my twin but she's changed her mind )))) and basically I love London but don't wanna be a loner lmao. I'm in Y13 btw.
is there anything to do in London as a loner? Any places to eat where I won't look awkward? Cheers
littledino1011
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lots to do! Most museums + galleries are free. I’d recommend the British or Natural History museums. As far as eating goes, you won’t look strange eating alone at most sushi places or you could get some food and eat it on the South Bank (where I spend most of my weekend lol)
Max&Mindset
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I say this as kind of a joke, but basically I'm going up to meet some family in Kent for a day and wanted to go out into London (and check out Brunel and the national gallery) the following day, which is this Sunday coming. I was meant to do it with my twin but she's changed her mind )))) and basically I love London but don't wanna be a loner lmao. I'm in Y13 btw.
Jokes aside, is there anything to do in London as a loner? Any places to eat where I won't look awkward? Cheers
Just left London, such a shame, could have shown you a lot.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by littledino1011)
Lots to do! Most museums + galleries are free. I’d recommend the British or Natural History museums. As far as eating goes, you won’t look strange eating alone at most sushi places or you could get some food and eat it on the South Bank (where I spend most of my weekend lol)
I've already been to those museums, I've made it my job to check out all the free ones (hence why this time I'm hitting the National Gallery) but thanks! It's just where I'm from being a loner is weird and doing things by yourself makes you look like a loser, but city culture is different I suppose cheers!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TastyChicken)
Just left London, such a shame, could have shown you a lot.
May not be able to show me but... any hidden gems that you know of or anything?
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So much to do in london. You could go to oxford street for shopping, Camden for the market, and most museums in London are free including the Science museum or the Natural History museum. Idk what you want to do though, you might not be interested in any of this but there's so much more to do.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bluemuffin)
So much to do in london. You could go to oxford street for shopping, Camden for the market, and most museums in London are free including the Science museum or the Natural History museum. Idk what you want to do though, you might not be interested in any of this but there's so much more to do.
I've been to most free museums but I am going to hit up the National Gallery this time. I'll be in London from 10:00-21:00 and I just wondered if I'd look really weird going around by myself, also eating somewhere by myself (I can't eat at some places due to dietary requirements). I don't have the money to shop but I could window shop I suppose... it's just anything I think of just makes me think 'hah, by myself, what a loser'. But thanks !
Max&Mindset
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
May not be able to show me but... any hidden gems that you know of or anything?
Dont know any good restaurants, but do know some pleasant routes through oxford street.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
*Thirsty virgins on TSR reply to post rapidly*
Well you replied
The replies are alright actually, didn't realise what it sounded like till after I posted it... whoops
anonymous69gcse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im going to london in the half term with my family.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TastyChicken)
Dont know any good restaurants, but do know some pleasant routes through oxford street.
I'll check it out
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anonymous69gcse)
im going to london in the half term with my family.
What half term is there before the summer holidays?
anonymous69gcse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What half term is there before the summer holidays?
i mean summer holiday after gcse
faloodeh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
literally no one cares if you're alone, lots of ppl walk around and eat on their own

in terms of restaurants, really depends on your tastes..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by faloodeh)
literally no one cares if you're alone, lots of ppl walk around and eat on their own

in terms of restaurants, really depends on your tastes..
I get that in the city it's different, it's just where I'm from people look at you funny and judge you- I just need to properly get it through my head, I suppose.
Shaheer650
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would but Idk you so it would be kinda awkward
weex123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Child predator??
anonymous69gcse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah how can u be 17 and in year 13 makes no sense
faloodeh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I get that in the city it's different, it's just where I'm from people look at you funny and judge you- I just need to properly get it through my head, I suppose.
I get it cause I used to be the same, but when I went out I saw so many people on their own, plus everyone in london just minds their own business anyway
narutee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there’s so much to do in London!! It really depends on what you’re interested in! If you need any recommendations, I’d be glad to give you some!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.2%
I'm not sure (59)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.85%
I'm not a current university student (636)
49.07%

Watched Threads