AQA Government and Politics 3A 11th June 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme Watch

11LOrmston
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
How did everyone find the exam? If you can remember the questions, list them below!
shannonemily123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Political parties:

Outline and identify the factions within the Republican Party (10 marks)

Examine the impact that third parties and independent candidates have within US politics (30 marks)

Pressure groups:

Examine the significance of direct action (10 marks)

Evaluate the factors which can determine a pressure groups success (30 marks)

Not word for word but...
FM120100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did those two. Can anyone remember the electoral systems one?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
11LOrmston
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Yes, I done electoral systems and political parties.

Electoral Systems:
Explain the important of televised debates in the presidential nomination process. (10 Marks)
The advantages of primary elections in the presidential candidate selection process are greater than their disadvantages. (30 Marks)

(Original post by FM120100)
I did those two. Can anyone remember the electoral systems one?
simon7890
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
For GOV3A, the 30 marker on pressure groups. If I spoke about federalism and direct democracy in the US such as initiatives, would this be classed as a synoptic element as it is concepts from other sections of the course?
shannonemily123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by simon7890)
For GOV3A, the 30 marker on pressure groups. If I spoke about federalism and direct democracy in the US such as initiatives, would this be classed as a synoptic element as it is concepts from other sections of the course?
Synopticity regards comparisons to the UK, in the mark scheme it also says to bring in concepts from other units of study which you will be credited for but will not come under synoptic links
simon7890
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shannonemily123)
Synopticity regards comparisons to the UK, in the mark scheme it also says to bring in concepts from other units of study which you will be credited for but will not come under synoptic links
So without a UK reference how many marks am I looking at losing even if my essay was good?
shannonemily123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by simon7890)
So without a UK reference how many marks am I looking at losing even if my essay was good?
If you have addressed all other parts of the question well, you will be looking at around a bad 3 on the mark scheme for AO1 (which requires synopticity) which ranges from 7-9 marks. If you included synopticity and addressed the question well, you’d have probably been in band 4 for AO1 which is from 10-12 marks. So not many.
Name:  9E7CE6C7-F6A3-45FA-AD98-8E9F2AB401EA.png
Views: 51
Size:  295.1 KB
appleton_2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 11LOrmston)
Yes, I done electoral systems and political parties.

Electoral Systems:
Explain the important of televised debates in the presidential nomination process. (10 Marks)
The advantages of primary elections in the presidential candidate selection process are greater than their disadvantages. (30 Marks)
Are you sure it was on presidential nomination process, I thought it was on presidential elections and I’m scared I’ve talked about the wrong thing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads