olamideakosile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m taking the GAMSAT in around 9 months or so and have no idea on how to revise for it, what to revise, could someone recommend a syllabus to follow, or maybe what they did. Anything would help. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Marathi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Griffith’s GAMSAT review is the best place to start for a syllabus

Khan Academy and MCAT-review websites are good for learning the material on the syllabus
harry.styles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here is the rough structure I used for my preparation:

1. Overview - Got comprehensive overview of the exam from Griffiths GAMSAT review (no real in-depth information here but excellent for general information).

2. Knowledge development - khan academy videos/A level text books to develop my understanding for section 3 (syllabus within Griffiths guide is useful here) and some reading for section 2 (the economist every week, the meaning of things by A.C. Grayling... youtube videos are also quite useful when reading becomes a chore! there are good TED talks on youtube but it's also good for just brushing up on some general politics/history/economics/philosophy etc)

3. Skill development - practiced writing essays under time pressure, practiced section 1 and 3 questions under time pressure. Sometimes just one or two questions a day, sometimes a dozen, sometimes a half-test and four full tests over 5 months. The Des Oneil courses were invaluable for this - the questions are more like the GAMSAT than any other resources I came across and there are absolutely loads of practice questions and tests.

Hope that helps - any more questions feel free to PM me. Also if anyone would like the Des ONeil courses PM me - they really are very useful.
username3872488
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by harry.styles)
Here is the rough structure I used for my preparation:

1. Overview - Got comprehensive overview of the exam from Griffiths GAMSAT review (no real in-depth information here but excellent for general information).

2. Knowledge development - khan academy videos/A level text books to develop my understanding for section 3 (syllabus within Griffiths guide is useful here) and some reading for section 2 (the economist every week, the meaning of things by A.C. Grayling... youtube videos are also quite useful when reading becomes a chore! there are good TED talks on youtube but it's also good for just brushing up on some general politics/history/economics/philosophy etc)

3. Skill development - practiced writing essays under time pressure, practiced section 1 and 3 questions under time pressure. Sometimes just one or two questions a day, sometimes a dozen, sometimes a half-test and four full tests over 5 months. The Des Oneil courses were invaluable for this - the questions are more like the GAMSAT than any other resources I came across and there are absolutely loads of practice questions and tests.

Hope that helps - any more questions feel free to PM me. Also if anyone would like the Des ONeil courses PM me - they really are very useful.
Okay but the important question is.. is your first name harry and last name actually styles or😳🤠
harry.styles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep... I fancied a change in (one)direction so thought I'd give medicine a go.
username3872488
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep... I fancied a change in (one)direction so thought I'd give medicine a go.
Wait so you’re actually born with that name or you switched majors LMFAOOO
if so, we shall be friends
harry.styles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by susu66s)
Wait so you’re actually born with that name or you switched majors LMFAOOO
if so, we shall be friends
not sure I catch your drift about switching majors but I'm applying to GEM and you can call me Harry (maybe Dr Harry one day :awesome:)
username3872488
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
not sure I catch your drift about switching majors but I'm applying to GEM and you can call me Harry (maybe Dr Harry one day :awesome:)
I’m confused hahah your actual name is Harry Styles or just harry? that’s pretty cool 😔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (67)
66.34%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
20.79%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
12.87%

Watched Threads