Poll: Should this bill be passed into law?
As many as are of that opinion, Aye (36)
73.47%
On the contrary, No (7)
14.29%
Abstain (6)
12.24%
This discussion is closed.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
B1383 - Great Repeal (Third Era) Bill 2018, TSR Labour Party, TSR Libertarian Party, Joep95 MP, SoggyCabbages MP

Great Repeal (Third Era) Bill 2018

An Act to repeal all Acts of Parliament and ministerial reports currently in effect.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's most excellent Majesty, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1: Repeal
(1) On the date of commencement of this Act, all legislation not in force in the real-life United Kingdom will be repealed.
(2) All ministerial reports (statements of intent) previously passed in the Model House of Commons are disapplied.
(3) On the date of commencement of this Act, all legislation in force in the real-life United Kingdom will be applied to the Model House of Commons, and will remain in force until overruled by a bill or ministerial report.
(4) The Model House of Commons shall assume henceforth that any policy decision or legislation passed in real life shall apply to TSR, unless this is actively contradicted in future by the passage of a bill or ministerial report.

2: Procedure
Model House of Commons procedure shall continue to be dictated by application of the Constitution and Guidance Document, irrespective of the provisions of this Act.

3: Extent, Commencement and Short Title
(1) This Act extends to the United Kingdon.
(2) The provisions of this Act come into force immediately.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Great Repeal Act 2018.

Notes
This does exactly what it says it does – namely resets the MHoC back to 'Canon' – to the current situation in RL.

Most users were not in the House in October 2014, which was when the oldest bills still on the statute book were passed. To ensure the MHoC remains reasonably accessible to new joiners, and to facilitate regular debate on policy areas, it is our opinion that a Great Repeal should take place before any new bills are passed in the current parliament.

Amendment for Division
Parts of Section 1 have been rewritten to ensure that the new legal situation in TSRland is a copy of the RL UK, specifically ensuring any legislation that had been repealed in TSRland but not in RL is restored.
username257785
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye, aye, aye!
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye. Time to reset the clock.
JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will be fun to restart at least.
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Those are some good looking vote totals thus far xD
username257785
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
42 votes #not-bad-early-doors
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, here we go again.

username257785
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Well, here we go again.

Absolute belter of a song, Freddie and the gang near there best.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The Ayes have it, The Ayes have it! Unlock!

(I will edit the graphs in once the bot is hosted this weekend)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads