guys & girls friends??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i really just want a guy friend not boyfriend. all the guy friends i have made all try and get me to be their girlfriend, cant guys and girls just be friends!!! i have always had more of a personality of a guy, i dont like too much makeup and wearing heels and dresses , i prefer jeans. i rather play games then go out on shopping trips so i cant get along with girls but every guy i get along with ends up asking me out and i just want A FRIEND
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's possible but if they are straight they'll probably end up developing feelings if you get that close to them unless they aren't physically attracted to you.
roseprincessx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I get what you mean I have a lot of guy friends but half of them joke about me being with the other friend
NightShroud99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ehh, there are tons of other girls like you but you shouldn’t write all girls off as friend material.

It’s easy to have acquaintances who are guys but it becomes harder to have guy best friends as there’s more chance of them developing feelings if they are straight. You can’t really blame them for this as it’s a common occurrence.
Afforestation
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i really just want a guy friend not boyfriend. all the guy friends i have made all try and get me to be their girlfriend, cant guys and girls just be friends!!! i have always had more of a personality of a guy, i dont like too much makeup and wearing heels and dresses , i prefer jeans. i rather play games then go out on shopping trips so i cant get along with girls but every guy i get along with ends up asking me out and i just want A FRIEND
Basically if you get too close to them and spend too much time together it wont work. its possible though
ShishaSmoker
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys and girls can be close friends without being in a relationship.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I don't think that it helps that you are pretty much like what guys like but are a female. Most guys dream of a girl who can sit and play games with them because they are low maintenance (please don't feel objectified by my use of that word, it's the best word i could think of)
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys and girls can be close friends. My best friend is a girl.
crumps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not the norm for a girl and guy to be close friends and thats why it's not surprising that a boy will start developing feelings for you because they feel like your friendliness is flirting. However, I feel the same way as you. Some boys will do it but others won't. My only best friend is a boy and he doesn't like me in that way. He does prefer my boyfriend and brother for companionship though, a lot of the time, because they have that man-man connection, I feel like a girl and guy could hardly never have. Even though I want us to be closer, it would be deemed as 'too weird' for a guy to treat us girls like guys, even though we wish for that. I have yet to find a guy that does. Also, he is my ex so we did have to go through a relationship before we were friends lol ahaha literally every guy I try to get close with as a friend will try getting on with me at some point, except my gay friends.

Let me know if this miracle happens to you lol
mabelchiltern
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that's actually got me thinking about how p much all my male friends and i joke about being bf/gf. i'm not attracted to them but the number of times we joke about that, and call each other names that are embarrassing/intimate is shocking like i have never not joked about this with a male friend. interesting
Luke5125
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Almost all my friends are female, girls are just more awesome than boys!
(Original post by Brocolli123)
It's possible but if they are straight they'll probably end up developing feelings if you get that close to them unless they aren't physically attracted to you.
Never happened yo me
(Original post by crumps)
It's not the norm for a girl and guy to be close friends and thats why it's not surprising that a boy will start developing feelings for you because they feel like your friendliness is flirting. However, I feel the same way as you. Some boys will do it but others won't. My only best friend is a boy and he doesn't like me in that way. He does prefer my boyfriend and brother for companionship though, a lot of the time, because they have that man-man connection, I feel like a girl and guy could hardly never have. Even though I want us to be closer, it would be deemed as 'too weird' for a guy to treat us girls like guys, even though we wish for that. I have yet to find a guy that does. Also, he is my ex so we did have to go through a relationship before we were friends lol ahaha literally every guy I try to get close with as a friend will try getting on with me at some point, except my gay friends.

Let me know if this miracle happens to you lol
I don't get the whole, yourll develop a relationship and develop feelings thong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (25)
18.12%
I'm not sure (3)
2.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (46)
33.33%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.17%
I'm not a current university student (61)
44.2%

Watched Threads