The Student Room Group

The "rubbish bands who are really big" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hate hate hate scouting for girls
But i find the Beatles massively overated also, aswell as U2 and Kaiser Chiefs so i agree with you all. Nirvana also.
Foo's aren't overated in my personal opinion.
Reply 21
Yay, I have finally found some people who dislike the Foos!! I don't think they are rubbish as such, they just bore me.
Bloc Party aren't rubbish :smile: I doubt if you asked people they would know who they are? Well not in my parts.
I agree; Razorlight (Golden touch was average i suppose), The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls are diabolical, not to mention Adele, Jack Penate (people who are 'so indie lolz' follow these).
cpearson
I hate hate hate scouting for girls
But i find the Beatles massively overated also, aswell as U2 and Kaiser Chiefs so i agree with you all. Nirvana also.
Foo's aren't overated in my personal opinion.

True - I reckon the Foo Fighters are consistently good. Not rubbish at all.
i love pigeon detectives and oasis

however u2 are sooooooo crap. they realy should not be a big band
Scouting for Girls are AWEFUL. Jesus Christ im not sure if i've ever heard such ****e.

Pink Floyd on the other hand are one of the greatest bands ever, even if you don't like their music surely you can appreciate they have talent? Dave Gilmour is an amazing guitarist.
I hate My Chemical Romance *twitches*
little_libertine
i love pigeon detectives and oasis

however u2 are sooooooo crap. they realy should not be a big band

It's kinda weird. I don't know a single person who actually likes U2 - I really don't.

I just find it weird. Who actually does like them. Is it a granny fest at their concerts?
Reply 27
U2, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Muse, Madonna (!), Robbie Williams.
millicent
Yay, I have finally found some people who dislike the Foos!! I don't think they are rubbish as such, they just bore me.
Bloc Party aren't rubbish :smile: I doubt if you asked people they would know who they are? Well not in my parts.
I agree; Razorlight (Golden touch was average i suppose), The Hoosiers and Scouting for Girls are diabolical, not to mention Adele, Jack Penate (people who are 'so indie lolz' follow these).

Bloc Party are massive. I'd be surprised to find someone who listens to music and doesn't know who they are.
And Jack Penate has one or two decent songs, but the rest do all sound identical.
The Chillis as a live act are overrated (they were rubbish when i saw them).
Although in terms of albums and singles, I think they are immense.
Shame on The Beatles and Pink Floyd haters

i thought The Killers first album Hot Fuss was good but they just went downhill from there.

Artic Monkeys are crap, never gotten whats so great about them :s-smilie:

The Foo Fighters are rubbish as well, yay for finding people who think so to oh and i nearly forgot The Kooks.. how could i, they're the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

*waits for monkey lovers to jump on me and start frantically posting links of various vids by them*
People who call the Beatles "rubbish" are obviously morons. While music as a whole is one of the most subjective arts, they basically invented modern pop music.

I agree with U2 and the Foo Fighters and would like to add The Fratellis.
NickkO
Green Day

Phillistine
smalltownboy
People who call the Beatles "rubbish" are obviously morons. While music as a whole is one of the most subjective arts, they basically invented modern pop music.

The Who were better though.
Explosions In The Sky

Artic Monkeys are crap, never gotten whats so great about them :s-smilie:

*waits for monkey lovers to jump on me and start frantically posting links of various vids by them*

The shame is on YOU.

You asked for it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWHkR4O8cyc
I like The Killers and U2 but do agree they are a bit overrated.

Lostprophets need more attention because they are just amazing.

Not a fan of The Kooks or Arctic Monkeys. Or The Libertines as a matter of fact, simply because Pete Doherty makes my skin boil.
There's a lot of one day fly Indie bands lately that I hate, theyre all the same
Like 'The Young Knives', 'Reverend and the Makers' and ugh 'The Metros'

And I really cant stand emo fight bands anymore
Thats just a personal taste
Only Fall Out Boy is alright

Oh and Simple Plan absolutely suck donkeyballs (so do Hoobastank)
Miroslava
I think Muse are massively overrated (they have a couple of verging on half-decent songs) but I really dislike Matthew Bellamy. I'm sorry, I have not seen any footage of this bloke that makes me not want to throw bricks at him.

Marry me :puppyeyes:

smalltownboy
The shame is on YOU.

You asked for it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWHkR4O8cyc

:yawn: Unfortunately I've heard that song, was even forced to listen to the whole album.. i stand by what i said.

;pee; on Arctic Monkeys
Reply 38
NickkO
U2, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Muse, Madonna (!), Robbie Williams.

Muse?! Are you kidding?!!!
Reply 39
thinking causes strain
. Or The Libertines as a matter of fact, simply because Pete Doherty makes my skin boil.

Me too.
I just try to seperate his moronic behaviour from his music. Not including Babyshambles.

Quick Reply

Latest