The Student Room Group

The "rubbish bands who are really big" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
biggie_wiggie

What does he do at gigs - have a panic attack? omg theres thousands...
Also their name, what exactly are they fighting???

It's called rocking out with your cock out.

and the term foo fighter was used by Allied aircraft pilots in World War II to describe various UFOs or mysterious aerial phenomena seen in the skies over Europe and the Pacific theatre.... but it became a catch-all term for fast moving, erratically flying objects
Reply 81
Urgh, I love Arctic Monkeys/ The Kooks/ The Wombats/ The Beatles/ Foo Fighters/ Coldplay.

I agree with RHCP being overrated though. And add Shakira and Gwen Stefani to the list as well (I don't really expect anyone to disagree with those).

And do not DARE to call me a philistine for disliking Fall Out Boy. They suck. I don't even want to discuss them.
Reply 82
Jxhn
Frankly I utterly disagree with you and all the other anti-Arctic Monkeys people on this thread. Be objective, besides the ridiculous fame and popularity, myspace music genre and ridiculous sales, they make good music. It's got a range of genres, its definitely different and doesn't all sound the same, it steers clear of too many indie clichés. The drumming on FWN is a thing of pure quality, ask any drummer and they will tell you it is very good. The lyrical content is very very good, it uses punchlines like a rap song might rather than just lilting from verse to chorus like most indie songs (babyshambles, libertines, pete doherty in general, what scum) does. I could go on, I could provide examples, but I get the feeling that most of the anti-arctic monkeys people can't avoid the hype and go into listening to them with a negative mindset. So theres no arguing! Less people to fight off for tickets anyway :smile:

Agreed.
Reply 83
Evanescence. Just terrible.
louisedotcom
I can assure you that I have, and bucket of arse is about as much as I can get away with on here. Otherwise id have said they were the most god awful overrated **** tastic, ****ing **** ******* waste of space bands ive ever had the misfortune of listening to.

Just because my opinion is differnt to yours doesnt mean im wrong.
I think id rather give birth to a hedgehog than have to listen to them on repeat.

Firstly, i think your going majorly overboard with your dislike for the band. I personally would think you have a few anger management problems if i havent seen your other posts; judging from that induvidual post ofcourse.

Secondly, i didnt say that your opinion was wrong, so dont try blowing that whistle lol.

..and thirdly, good luck with the hedgehog, you deserve it ^^ haha...
NickkO
Urgh, I love Arctic Monkeys/ The Kooks/ The Wombats/ The Beatles/ Foo Fighters/ Coldplay.

I agree with RHCP being overrated though. And add Shakira and Gwen Stefani to the list as well (I don't really expect anyone to disagree with those).

And do not DARE to call me a philistine for disliking Fall Out Boy. They suck. I don't even want to discuss them.

I love Shakira, I think she's a very good female pop artist.
Reply 86
Those indie/electro bands that you hear in Topshop. Like the Pigeon Detectives or the Fratellis. Kate Nash. Duffy. Amy McDonald. Most female 'folk' artists. Calvin Harris. Blah blah blah.

Oh. I don't know how anyone could possibly buy his album or 'rate' him but I despise Souljah Boy. D-espise.
Reply 87
This thread is a bit daft, nearly every modern band has been named now, it's mainly people say what bands they don't like.

Some bands aren't even big enough to be overrated, and the person who mentioned Jimi Hendrix is a moron.
anteguardian
Firstly, i think your going majorly overboard with your dislike for the band. I personally would think you have a few anger management problems if i havent seen your other posts; judging from that induvidual post ofcourse.

Secondly, i didnt say that your opinion was wrong, so dont try blowing that whistle lol.

..and thirdly, good luck with the hedgehog, you deserve it ^^ haha...

Nah, they really are that bad in my opinion. You know how some bands just grate on you? Thats Iron Maiden for me

And swearing for me doesnt = anger issues just so you know. Im not angry, they just offend my ears.
I could have used phrases like 'utterly appauling', & 'tremendously bad' I just didnt think it had the same impact as Calling them ******* :biggrin:
Reply 89
ismaithliomstair
Those indie/electro bands that you hear in Topshop. Like the Pigeon Detectives or the Fratellis. Kate Nash. Duffy. Amy McDonald. Most female 'folk' artists. Calvin Harris. Blah blah blah.

Oh. I don't know how anyone could possibly buy his album or 'rate' him but I despise Souljah Boy. D-espise.

I find it interesting that none of the bands mentioned are in anyway electro? Calvin Harris comes closest I suppose, but anyway. Soulja Boy is a gimmick, everyone knows it, HE knows it!
Reply 90
Jxhn
I find it interesting that none of the bands mentioned are in anyway electro? Calvin Harris comes closest I suppose, but anyway. Soulja Boy is a gimmick, everyone knows it, HE knows it!

Yeah I know I left out the electro bands I disliked. Can't be arsed editing it. Do you really need to know them, or will I be subjected to more quotations about how inaccurate my opinion is?
Lol i love the Libertines, Hendrix and Chilis. Pete is an idiot but made amazing music, Hendrix is an undesputed god nad went too young and thr Chilis are just plain incredible and sound compltely unique; quite a feat in today's music scene
Reply 92
I love how completely subjective things can rile people up so much. There is no way to quantify good or bad bands... Right then:

- Kaiser Chiefs
- U2
- The Killers
- The Kooks
- Foo Fighters (have to admit I like Best of You though)
- The Pigeon Detectives
- Arctic Monkeys
- Franz Ferdinand

Any samey indie ****e can be put onto that list as well.
nme and joe whiley have alot of explaining to do.
My Chemical Romance.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who does like them, but personally I think their music is sickly trash. :biggrin:
Jo Whiley really makes me sick. Anyone else want to pick up the radio and smash it against the wall when you hear her sneering voice. It really bothers me that there seems to be so much respect for her on the radio. She's awful. so's her awful boyfriend. so's her awful radio station.
Casey Haynes
My Chemical Romance.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who does like them, but personally I think their music is sickly trash. :biggrin:

and Fallout Boy. and Panic at the Disco
it would be a shorter much shorter list to make bansds that i even rate.

but yes, this whole in-crowd indie music scene we have now which has spilled out to the mainstream just knocks me sick. that ****ing nme cool list, hhmm about as useful as a cock flavoured lolipop.
Reply 98
My Chemical Romance (they were good until they re-released I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and everyone was going on about how 'good' they were)
Oasis
Fallout Boy
Killers
Kooks
Arctic Monkeys
The Feeling, Nickeback, Scouting for Girls and Fall Out Boy spring to mind.

Quick Reply