The Student Room Group

What a-levels should I take to do a film based course (like directing) at university?

I’m planning on become a director or work within the film industry. I am dyslexic and although I’m good at English (predicted a A or above in both Lang and lit for gcse), I fear it may become an issue at sixth form. I am doing art and media production for a level but wondering if English is vital or not?????
Original post by JPStudent
I’m planning on become a director or work within the film industry. I am dyslexic and although I’m good at English (predicted a A or above in both Lang and lit for gcse), I fear it may become an issue at sixth form. I am doing art and media production for a level but wondering if English is vital or not?????

Look at the entrance requirements for the courses you are interested in.
You tend not to go wrong with facilitating subjects and I would have thought English would be first on the list. If you take too many soft subjects then you may niche yourself out of any other degree.

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/television-film-and-moving-image-courses/2018-19/september/full-time/film-ba-honours#entry_requirements

You are going to need to do some decent research into the course so it has the correct level of production skills and theory you want.

Quick Reply

Latest