The Student Room Group

I have nothing to do for the summer, any suggestions?

I've got a weekend a way with the lads but that's about it.
Also some online assessments for an application I've put forward but they're only once a month.

I'm 20, I was going to go work in a summer camp but that plan fell through so now I have nothing to do.

I'm currently trying to find work but shockingly there is none in rural Ireland.. (not shocking).

So, any suggestions?
I want to do something productive, or at least more than watching Netflix.

I'm interested in fashion (hence the name), maybe something to do with that online?

I already play guitar and have no interest to learn a new instrument.
I have nothing to do for college as I'm changing degrees.
I might look at learning some programming to help with my degree but I'm not 100%

Any suggestions?
I would start with a new hobby to be fair like computer coding. I too will stay at home. Sucks but I can't wait to get back in shape after stress eating during exams
Original post by alireza280202
I would start with a new hobby to be fair like computer coding. I too will stay at home. Sucks but I can't wait to get back in shape after stress eating during exams

I didn't have to sit exams so I've just been sitting about since early may..

I've tried coding a couple of times but I've never really liked it, I'm ok at learning the actual theory about memory storage and databases etc, which is related to my degree so I don't know if there's any real need to go deep into programming.
No don't do that. You are learning the wrong way. Start with website design like HTML then CSS. It is more fun. You should just play around it and not try and learn it when you start off
Original post by alireza280202
No don't do that. You are learning the wrong way. Start with website design like HTML then CSS. It is more fun. You should just play around it and not try and learn it when you start off

That's what I was doing but as well as that for college I've been looking into hadoop and general info that's useful for Business Information Systems, I've tried playing around with HTML and I was going through some online coding classes but I'm not sure if it's something I'm really into so I'm looking for other options too.
Original post by SeanLaurentParis
I've got a weekend a way with the lads but that's about it.
Also some online assessments for an application I've put forward but they're only once a month.

I'm 20, I was going to go work in a summer camp but that plan fell through so now I have nothing to do.

I'm currently trying to find work but shockingly there is none in rural Ireland.. (not shocking).

So, any suggestions?
I want to do something productive, or at least more than watching Netflix.

I'm interested in fashion (hence the name), maybe something to do with that online?

I already play guitar and have no interest to learn a new instrument.
I have nothing to do for college as I'm changing degrees.
I might look at learning some programming to help with my degree but I'm not 100%

Any suggestions?

buy a bike, get some good books to read (variety of subjects) and cycle to the park, picnic and read.... thats what I did :smile:
‘Suppp?
get your body fitter?
Original post by AelinSardothein
get your body fitter?

I'm working out anyway and I tend to eat pretty alright.
Original post by SeanLaurentParis
I'm working out anyway and I tend to eat pretty alright.

yh but make it better - like get toned and stuff?
idk - it was just a suggestion

perhaps go to the city? or another country?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending