The Student Room Group

Been awake for 34 hours and not tired

I’ve been awake since 2pm on Sunday. 5am Monday morning comes and still not tired, so I decide to do a wrap around (stay awake until Monday night). Accidentally fell asleep at 4pm but only for an hour. Now it’s midnight and I’m s till wide awake, just from that 1 hour nap. Do I do another wrap around to next morning? Or is that dangerous

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been awake since 2pm on Sunday. 5am Monday morning comes and still not tired, so I decide to do a wrap around (stay awake until Monday night). Accidentally fell asleep at 4pm but only for an hour. Now it’s midnight and I’m s till wide awake, just from that 1 hour nap. Do I do another wrap around to next morning? Or is that dangerous

do what you want. No ones gonna give you a medal

awesome, you are so awesome.
Reply 3
I'll organise a parade for you.
Reply 4
Go to sleep now, the longer you stay awake and the more irregular your sleep pattern is, the more likely it is that you will start developing insomnia. Get off screens, listen to some music/a podcast and/or go for a walk and then lie down and close your eyes. Sleep is important
thats scary uno
Literally do what you want. If you feel like your going to be fine, then stay awake. If you're struggling to keep your eyelids up, go to sleep. But how on earth do you stay up for that long! You sound like a superhuman. Imo, just go sleep. You'll adjust with normal sleeping pattern.
Reply 7
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
Literally do what you want. If you feel like your going to be fine, then stay awake. If you're struggling to keep your eyelids up, go to sleep. But how on earth do you stay up for that long! You sound like a superhuman. Imo, just go sleep. You'll adjust with normal sleeping pattern.

Well I want to sleep but I literally can't.. And I'm scared to do another wrap around because that seems dangerous. And I have no idea. This has never happened to me before and I'm terrified.
By losing sleep, you shorten your lifespan (or so I've heard)
Reply 9
Original post by Unnamed User
By losing sleep, you shorten your lifespan (or so I've heard)

I know thats why I tried to do the wrap around so that I'd be tired at a normal time, but it didn't work because I accidentally had a nap at 4pm
I think you should get some sleep .
Sleep deprivation can cause some serious health problems Like increased blood pressure and it can cause hallucinations too 😐

Here's some things to do to try and doze off :

Reading / music / audiobook / podcast
White noise
Adjust room temperature
Meditation
Think positive
Stretch / relax
Try the 4-7-8 excercise
~Inhale for four seconds
~Hold your breath for seven seconds
~Exhale for eight seconds
I know thats why I tried to do the wrap around so that I'd be tired at a normal time, but it didn't work because I accidentally had a nap at 4pm

You should still try to sleep now, otherwise, it'll have a really negative effect on you
Original post by have
do what you want. No ones gonna give you a medal

Nah I will give OP a medal
Reply 13
That's acc my biggest fear.

SLEEP!
Reply 14
Original post by Bill Nye
Nah I will give OP a medal

I will donate 10p to this medal bonzi buddy.

Also OP have you read http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Russian_Sleep_Experiment
It's a very nice story.

Spoiler

Original post by Unnamed User
You should still try to sleep now, otherwise, it'll have a really negative effect on you

Original post by raqeen
I think you should get some sleep .
Sleep deprivation can cause some serious health problems Like increased blood pressure and it can cause hallucinations too 😐

Here's some things to do to try and doze off :

Reading / music / audiobook / podcast
White noise
Adjust room temperature
Meditation
Think positive
Stretch / relax
Try the 4-7-8 excercise
~Inhale for four seconds
~Hold your breath for seven seconds
~Exhale for eight seconds

Thanks for the suggestions but I've literally tried everything. I'm tired but I can't just 'cross over' and actually fall asleep.. I've been trying since 10pm
This happens to me when I pull all nighters, I don't get tired because my body is just running on loads of adrenaline. Last time this happened to me it took me hours to fall asleep but it's worth just trying. Don't stimulate your mind and body too much, just lie down in the dark and try some breathing techniques. It took me a few rounds of meditation with the headspace app to calm my body and brain down.
You might feel like you can go another day without sleeping but I wouldn't recommend it. Personally when I go too long without sleeping I get chest pains, heart palpitations and general aches. It isn't fun.
This happens to me when I pull all nighters, I don't get tired because my body is just running on loads of adrenaline. Last time this happened to me it took me hours to fall asleep but it's worth just trying. Don't stimulate your mind and body too much, just lie down in the dark and try some breathing techniques. It took me a few rounds of meditation with the headspace app to calm my body and brain down.
You might feel like you can go another day without sleeping but I wouldn't recommend it. Personally when I go too long without sleeping I get chest pains, heart palpitations and general aches. It isn't fun.

okay i guess ill keep trying, thank you
This can actually be a sign of mania. Do you have bipolar disorder or ever been diagnosed or treated for depression?
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
This can actually be a sign of mania. Do you have bipolar disorder or ever been diagnosed or treated for depression?

Never been diagnosed for anything but never been checked. I’m 95% sure I’m depressed. My anxiety is worse though

Quick Reply

Latest