The Student Room Group

Maths S1 Edexcel IAL June 2018 Exam thread

Creating this ahead of tomorrows S1 IAL exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How was it guys? Did you guys get 8 ppl for the second to last question???
Was it easy?
Reply 3
What was the probability question
The last question was impossible, u cant find P(B) without them saying that is independent
Original post by Akhil0305
The last question was impossible, u cant find P(B) without them saying that is independent

Yoy had to subtract P(A' U B') from 1. that gives you A intersect B. Then divide it by P(A | B) to get P(B). P(B) is 0.6
(edited 5 years ago)
What will the grade boundaries be like 59 for A?
Oh and for p(X)2 should you square x and multiply by original probability or should you substitute x2 value to the equation?
Reply 8
Original post by Liloso skipwith
Oh and for p(X)2 should you square x and multiply by original probability or should you substitute x2 value to the equation?

Which question was this?
Original post by Awenclear
Which question was this?

The discre random variable one
Reply 10
Guys was the data skewed in the box plot question or not?
Reply 11
I got the data to be positively skewed on the box plot question. Was it skewed or not?
Original post by Gth6770
Guys was the data skewed in the box plot question or not?

It was symmetrical
Original post by Awenclear
Creating this ahead of tomorrows S1 IAL exam

This was the hardest S1 paper I’ve solved! I’ve solved around 6-7 pastpapers and some had *some* hard questions but this one was way too hard. The histogram and probabilities’ questions was were too complicated and frustrating :frown:
It was symmetrical

Yeah the median was right in the middle
Reply 15
It was symmetrical

What were the quartiles? Q1=28 Q2=30 Q3=32 ?
Reply 16
And what did you get for the height and width of the histogram question I remmeber getting width=0.5 can’t remember height
Original post by Sanzmatic
Yoy had to subtract P(A' U B':wink: from 1. that gives you A intersect B. Then divide it by P(A | B) to get P(B). P(B) is 0.6

i got the same thing
Original post by Gth6770
And what did you get for the height and width of the histogram question I remmeber getting width=0.5 can’t remember height

area i got 6.75 and width 45
Original post by Gth6770
What were the quartiles? Q1=28 Q2=30 Q3=32 ?

yes

Quick Reply

Latest