MichellexJordan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As I am not taking chemistry to A level equivalent, I am limited in my choice of univeristy for medicine. I’m currently looking at the 6 year programme at Manchester, and Queen Mary univeristy London. Is there any foundation course in medicine I can do to allow me into any other courses without chemistry?

Thanks!

also; medicine with a preliminary year at Cardiff requires a portfolio- what type of portfolio??
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MichellexJordan)
As I am not taking chemistry to A level equivalent, I am limited in my choice of univeristy for medicine. I’m currently looking at the 6 year programme at Manchester, and Queen Mary univeristy London. Is there any foundation course in medicine I can do to allow me into any other courses without chemistry?

Thanks!

also; medicine with a preliminary year at Cardiff requires a portfolio- what type of portfolio??
You'll have to look through each course's entry requirements and section processes. Email and ask what they expect of a portfolio.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago

Thanks!

You could look at Norwich -Biology and Physics,
Plymouth - Biology and one of Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Psychology

Which Medical Schools Offer Foundation Courses?

DoctorMo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would highlly recommend Manchester, i have worked in the city and you will Love it.

Thanks!

MichellexJordan
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
You'll have to look through each course's entry requirements and section processes. Email and ask what they expect of a portfolio.
Fair point! I emailed them a few minutes ago so I’m eagerly awaiting a reply. I have no idea what to expect! Thanks.
MichellexJordan
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You could look at Norwich -Biology and Physics,
Plymouth - Biology and one of Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Psychology

Which Medical Schools Offer Foundation Courses?

Thank you! I’ll look into these now.
MichellexJordan
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoctorMo)
I would highlly recommend Manchester, i have worked in the city and you will Love it.
Really? I’ve never been up north- I’m Irish and have family in the sounth so I spend a lot of time between London and Exeter. I really like the look of Manchester though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.8%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.2%

Watched Threads