The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel Paper 3 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MydaMina
What grade would 163/240 roughly be?
ANYONE.
I'd say a guaranteed 7, quite possibly an 8.
Reply 181
Original post by JerseyR
Of course it is a valid rule. You know it as AAS but is essentially the same thing as the AAS Theorem only requires that there be two sets of equal angles and a set of any equal sides. The sides do not need to be included (in between the angles). For an SAS assertion the angle must be the included angle so as a result, SAS is valid but SSA is not.

SAS can uniquely determine a triangle in the following case:
If ABC is a triangle, and AB>=BC and you know AB, BC and angle BCA, then SSA is sufficient to uniquely determine the triangle.
anyone know the boundaries for a 8
Original post by dbuzhiqi
or maybe you just not very good at counting

they changed it after i called them out for it, mate.
Original post by rohans01
Matches was 240 as two teams playing another is one match.

You may get one mark for that because they question said that each team plays other teams twice so it's 480 times.
Reply 185
For Q18c, do I lose a mark because I wrote out the full answer and didn't round it up?
yes
Original post by jk1947
wasn’t the matches question 480 because they play each team twice??
Original post by A02
ASA is valid.

If you have a side and two angles on either side, it's pretty intuitive to see you uniquely determine a triangle.

Any way is valid as long as your are able to justify it however the two most common ones and ones that are probably named on the mark scheme are RHS and SAS
Original post by sanjay19
yes

Your teachers now have access to the papers they can show you many ways why 480 is wrong. There are also many excellent reasons on here why it is definitely 240.
Original post by Masked Entrant
Your teachers now have access to the papers they can show you many ways why 480 is wrong. There are also many excellent reasons on here why it is definitely 240.

It is definitely 240. If you go on YouTube I’m sure they have worked answers!!
Original post by Fashuss17
It is definitely 240. If you go on YouTube I’m sure they have worked answers!!

It’s 240 because:
Yes 15*16 = 240
And then you would think times by 2 to get 480
However each team played each other twice so for example team A played agains team B twice then if you times by 2 you’re saying tbat team B vs Team A twice will make the entire total. So in total Team A vs Team B four times if you times by to that is why it is 240

Sorry if you cannot understand it it was hard to explain why.
Q16 , i did write 497.5cm but i rounded the answer to 500 for the actual answer box. I still wrote the actual answer but would i lose any marks for rounding for my final answer? stupid question but i was curious
Original post by hasan.hayta
Q16 , i did write 497.5cm but i rounded the answer to 500 for the actual answer box. I still wrote the actual answer but would i lose any marks for rounding for my final answer? stupid question but i was curious

No if they can see the correct working and answer somewhere on the page some examiners may not penalise you because it’s an ECF (error carried forward) and you’d only lose 1 mark so don’t stress about it.
Hi guys I have a paper tomorrow on this, how long was this paper and how many marks was it?
Original post by MattHutchy
Hi guys I have a paper tomorrow on this, how long was this paper and how many marks was it?

80 marks 1 hr 30 I think
Thanks
Is this A Level or GCSE??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending