AQA A2 LAW UNIT 3 (LAW03) - 12th June 2018 Watch

username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How did it go? I did scenario 1 and found it alright.

1) Assault, GBH (s20 and s18), and self defence
2) Murder, Diminished Responsibility
3) Memorised essay on murder
EllieH12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did assault and ABH for question 1. I’ve just looked at the case of K v DPP which is where a defendant was convicted of ABH for causing scarring. I didn’t really consider scarring to be permanent disfigurement??

For question 2 I did DR and ruled out LOC by saying that SI isn’t a qualifying trigger
Jackbow98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EllieH12345)
I did assault and ABH for question 1. I’ve just looked at the case of K v DPP which is where a defendant was convicted of ABH for causing scarring. I didn’t really consider scarring to be permanent disfigurement??

For question 2 I did DR and ruled out LOC by saying that SI isn’t a qualifying trigger
My guy, was the only one of my mates to consider it more on the basis of ABH, than GBH although it was discussed in my answer.
Nabz99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Multiple ABH is equals to GBH though. But I reckon you'll be credited for any one of them.
Nabz99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EllieH12345)

The loss of control would be established through anger trigger with sexual infidelity as a contributing factor. But probably fails on reasonable man test at end
EllieH12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nabz99)
The loss of control would be established through anger trigger with sexual infidelity as a contributing factor. But probably fails on reasonable man test at end
Ah ok thank you hope I didn’t mess it up too bad
Melon4
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone do scenario 2?

For Q4, I put GBH (could be ABH) with intoxication (forgot consent) and Wounding with transferred malice and causation issues regarding the seat belt as well as the thin skull rule saying D must take V as he finds her.

For Q5, I put UAM and GNM with the causation issues of action of the second thief and the think skull rule for the elderly lady

Anyone put anything else and think missing out the consent is a big loss of marks?
rdlewiss
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Melon4)
Anyone do scenario 2?

For Q4, I put GBH (could be ABH) with intoxication (forgot consent) and Wounding with transferred malice and causation issues regarding the seat belt as well as the thin skull rule saying D must take V as he finds her.

For Q5, I put UAM and GNM with the causation issues of action of the second thief and the think skull rule for the elderly lady

Anyone put anything else and think missing out the consent is a big loss of marks?
I did the same! Didn’t do thin skull rule for the first question, did Harriet have a pre existing injury?!?! But I pretty much did the same. S18&S20 GBH.

I did exactly the same for Q5, my UAM was assault? I briefly mentioned it could be ABH due to psychiatric harm (this is probably wrong anyway).

I doubt you’ll lose a lot of marks for not including consent. My teacher said defences are usually 3-5 marks depending on the length of the other offences.
Melon4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rdlewiss)
I did the same! Didn’t do thin skull rule for the first question, did Harriet have a pre existing injury?!?! But I pretty much did the same. S18&S20 GBH.

I did exactly the same for Q5, my UAM was assault? I briefly mentioned it could be ABH due to psychiatric harm (this is probably wrong anyway).

I doubt you’ll lose a lot of marks for not including consent. My teacher said defences are usually 3-5 marks depending on the length of the other offences.
Ah ok, thanks for the consolidation. I used the think skull rule basically to say that D must take his victim as he finds them seat belt or no seat belt. The prior weakness was the lack of protection. I do not think you would loose marks for not including it as it is very obscure.

Also, yeah I put assault for the UAM
miserabledoll
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did scenario one but I'm thinking it wasn't so comprehensive..

1) Talked about Assault, ABH, and Self Defence
2) Addressed Murder and LOC, but said he failed on LOC and so dismissed it.. didn't talk about DR..
3) Murder and vm essay was alright, didn't write a conclusion though ahh.
Kira-mai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rdlewiss)

Ah ok, thanks for the consolidation. I used the think skull rule basically to say that D must take his victim as he finds them seat belt or no seat belt. The prior weakness was the lack of protection. I do not think you would loose marks for not including it as it is very obscure.

Also, yeah I put assault for the UAM
for the seatbelt bit I put it didn't break the chain of causation as part of victims own actions? - Roberts?
EllieH12345
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did the scenario state that the scarring was permanent? Or severe?
rdlewiss
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kira-mai)
for the seatbelt bit I put it didn't break the chain of causation as part of victims own actions? - Roberts?
Could argue either way as long as you acknowledged it!
new1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone do scenario 2?

I didn't talk about the seat belt I missed it but i just said her braking was reasonably foreseeable so her own act did not break the chain?
Solitude12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
did anyone fail to include causation in the murder question in scenario 1? i did, and i'm soooo nervous that i messed it up
Melon4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Solitude12)
did anyone fail to include causation in the murder question in scenario 1? i did, and i'm soooo nervous that i messed it up
I did not do scenario 1, however from reading markschemes before, not including causation is not a massive problem. Providing you did the other answers well, it is you probably still got a clear for the murder. Remember a Sound, sound and a clear is still 25/25. Also the causation issues on the other scenario were more important, meaning probably there was less of a focus for your answer.
Solitude12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did not do scenario 1, however from reading markschemes before, not including causation is not a massive problem. Providing you did the other answers well, it is you probably still got a clear for the murder. Remember a Sound, sound and a clear is still 25/25. Also the causation issues on the other scenario were more important, meaning probably there was less of a focus for your answer.
thanks, that's helpful. i did the murder one alright i think, but I i did loss of control instead of diminished responsibility. i knew it was DR, but i couldn't remember it. i think 1st question and the critical evaluation was OK though
Melon4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Solitude12)
thanks, that's helpful. i did the murder one alright i think, but I i did loss of control instead of diminished responsibility. i knew it was DR, but i couldn't remember it. i think 1st question and the critical evaluation was OK though
Ah ok, well from what my friends told me, you were meant to do LoC too. I know a lot of them did not do Diminished responsibility though so probably got a clear on that too. Still though three clear answers can be 21/25 and therefore an A. On my scenario I purposely missed out consent as I knew I did not have enough time. I also missed out a paragraph on my evaluation essay. But overall, I think I answered the other stuff ok so hopefully still an A
octopus21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i did scenario 1 and i raised diminished responsibility but cancelled it out because he said about “there’ll be more of that if you do it again” after he attacked him with the brick so i said that shows he understands it bad and therefore understands the nature of his conduct??? was this wrong??? and i raised loss of control too but didn’t cancel it out and said how sexual infidelity assisted the anger trigger?? and i didn’t mention anything about transferred malice either in regards to ellie/beth/alison and apparently there was??
JusticeInk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For scenario 1 did you also consider transferred malice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (6)
9.52%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (5)
7.94%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
23.81%
No and I wouldn't consider it (37)
58.73%

Watched Threads