?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Any predictions?
Evilstr99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let's consider what questions came up last year.

In the 2017 sitting, we had a question on the Mid-Ordinate Rule. In 2016, it was the Simpson's Rule. This year, it's extremely likely they may test you on the Simpsons. (if you look at past papers, AQA tend to alternate between the Simpson's and Mid-Ordinate. But revise both anyway, since they could throw a curveball at us and chuck in another Mid-Ordinate question xD) The previous paper was fairly heavy on the graph drawing but it's possible that could still prop up this year.

Although they could pretty much test you on anything, a question style that hasn't popped up since 2013 was the Volumes of Revolution around the y-axis.
Hence, it should be better to start practising on those questions since it's probable that it will come up this year. Difficulty-wise, nobody really knows. It could be as hard as 2016, maybe not as hard but it depends.
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Evilstr99)
Let's consider what questions came up last year.

In the 2017 sitting, we had a question on the Mid-Ordinate Rule. In 2016, it was the Simpson's Rule. This year, it's extremely likely they may test you on the Simpsons. (if you look at past papers, AQA tend to alternate between the Simpson's and Mid-Ordinate. But revise both anyway, since they could throw a curveball at us and chuck in another Mid-Ordinate question xD) The previous paper was fairly heavy on the graph drawing but it's possible that could still prop up this year.

Although they could pretty much test you on anything, a question style that hasn't popped up since 2013 was the Volumes of Revolution around the y-axis.
Hence, it should be better to start practising on those questions since it's probable that it will come up this year. Difficulty-wise, nobody really knows. It could be as hard as 2016, maybe not as hard but it depends.
I feel like they haven’t asked you to sketch an inverse trig function in a few years I can imagine that coming up for a couple of marks.
Honestly I’m praying it’s nothing as hard as 2016 because that was too much for me, I’m hoping 2017 paper level difficulty which I thought was pretty standard.
Evilstr99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EmilySarah00)
I feel like they haven’t asked you to sketch an inverse trig function in a few years I can imagine that coming up for a couple of marks.
Honestly I’m praying it’s nothing as hard as 2016 because that was too much for me, I’m hoping 2017 paper level difficulty which I thought was pretty standard.
I agree, fingers crossed its not going to be a nightmare of a paper
Inverse trig graphs haven't popped up since 2015, so I guess that could come up. Volumes of Revolution in the y-axis too, since they haven't tested us on that since 2013.
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Inverse trig graphs haven't popped up since 2015, so I guess that could come up. Volumes of Revolution in the y-axis too, since they haven't tested us on that since 2013.
Ah ok thank you! And good luck! :woo:
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm telling you, it's going to be aids.

Lots of graph drawing and a mixture of crippling depression.
Evilstr99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
I'm telling you, it's going to be aids.

Lots of graph drawing and a mixture of crippling depression.
Last years paper was fairly heavy on the graphs, but I guess I probably won’t mind a graph question or two popping up on there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed