The Student Room Group

aqa maths higher paper 3 2018

someone please explain the method A/B one as i read it wrong i think and thought it said which method gives the bigger number!! Also, the 3d trig part b question as i got 90 after a **** tonne of working out really stresses!!!!!
You use the length which you found in part A and use pythagaras theorm on the base and work out the diagonal length. You put it into the calculator Tan= part a length➗Diaganol length. Use Tan-1 and on the answer and that’s the angle. Soz didn’t remember the lengths or the answer but it wasnt 90
I got 4.96 for the angle
300 for the histogram (it went up in 4s)
Y=1/2x -10
i got 300 for the histogram and then 480-444= 36 for part b
Original post by BEEBS07654321
i got 300 for the histogram and then 480-444= 36 for part b

it was 0.8x10x4
Reply 5
The final two questions were the probability and equation of the tangent to the circle one.
Can anyone confurm the answers being 3/124 and y=0.5x-10
Also histogram question answer is 300 and 32 for part b
For Method A/B question, are u referring to the one about the investments which the answer was £23.15 or which gave the more options which was Method B giving 400 options
(edited 5 years ago)
Was it above or below for the (- 5,-6) and 3x+7 question?
Reply 7
It was above because when the x axis was -5, the y axis on the line was -8 by substituting -5 into the equation . Which mean that -6 is above it
Can anyone tell me how to do the probability question at the end in full detail please ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending