The Student Room Group

Gcse maths

Does anyone else generally feel like they’ve failed maths as well ???

Also if you do fail will your sixth form still let you in and re take the subject ?
Yes. If u fail, you need to retake in November or somewhere near.
You won't fail. Even if you feel like you got most of the questions wrong you can still pass. The boundries for a grade 5 is really low. If you worked reasonably hard and aren't good at maths... worst case you will get a 4 ( which is considered a low pass).
Original post by (e^iπ+1)^-1
You won't fail. Even if you feel like you got most of the questions wrong you can still pass. The boundries for a grade 5 is really low. If you worked reasonably hard and aren't good at maths... worst case you will get a 4 ( which is considered a low pass).

But won't the grade boundaries be WAY higher?
dont think i will fail but wont get the grades i was expecting for. if i get 6 i wont be happy
Original post by Riya_57
Does anyone else generally feel like they’ve failed maths as well ???

Also if you do fail will your sixth form still let you in and re take the subject ?

YES
im planning on retaking.
Can you retake other subjects that aren’t English and maths
Original post by Lifeisded

i hope so cos ive done s***
Original post by Lifeisded

I think so…
People who didn't get a 5 in maths but got at least a 5 in english and vice versa were allowed back at my school. (provided you resat)
Original post by BSophieT
But won't the grade boundaries be WAY higher?

It won't increase by miles. Usually it increases by a few marks. Considering that this year's paper was more or less similar in difficulty to last year's paper the boundries will be stable. Additionally we are still new to this new specification ( only 2nd year to be honest). Even if you look at the change in grade boundries between last year's paper and the resit paper in November it wasn't really a huge increase. The schools make high boundries for mocks or overestimate the increase to get students working hard and get even better results in the real exam (well at least In my school) .
Reply 12

I’m hoping the grade boundaries are low
It won't increase by miles. Usually it increases by a few marks. Considering that this year's paper was more or less similar in difficulty to last year's paper the boundries will be stable. Additionally we are still new to this new specification ( only 2nd year to be honest). Even if you look at the change in grade boundries between last year's paper and the resit paper in November it wasn't really a huge increase. The schools make high boundries for mocks or overestimate the increase to get students working hard and get even better results in the real exam (well at least In my school) .

I got around 80-90 marks overall..I hope I pass. I wanted at least a 5 lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending