Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what type of lawyer wears wigs in court and what type of cases is this on?

ReputationRep:
    Barristers, mostly working in criminal.

ReputationRep:
    And just to expand on that previous answer, you virtually never robe in the Magistrates Court. You virtually always robe in the Crown Court. You never robe in the Tribunal (either Employment or First Tier). You rarely robe in the County Court relatively speaking, but it depends on the case. Fast Track and Multi Track trials you can technically be asked to robe if the Judge is robing. In Fast Track trials that is still pretty rare. It's more common in Multi Track trials, but again I've certainly robed in less than half of the Multi Track trials that I have done. Technically you've got more chance to be asked to robe in front of more senior judges, but again it's up to them whether they want you to robe or not. Ordinarily I would expect to be asked to robe in appeals in front of High Court judges, for example, but certainly in my last few I haven't done.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a cauliflower on their head

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.