The Student Room Group

HNC to first year degree - help?!

So I am planning on applying to do HNC Childhood Practice for a year starting in September, and then progress from there onto an undergraduate degree in Primary Education at university (which will start from 1st year). Will I be eligible for SAAS funding for both the HNC and the degree or will I no longer be eligible for undergraduate degree funding if I have already received funding for an HNC?
Reply 1
Original post by kerilouise38
So I am planning on applying to do HNC Childhood Practice for a year starting in September, and then progress from there onto an undergraduate degree in Primary Education at university (which will start from 1st year). Will I be eligible for SAAS funding for both the HNC and the degree or will I no longer be eligible for undergraduate degree funding if I have already received funding for an HNC?

Hi ,

This is exactly what I am planning on doing. For the first year of uni after completing the HNC you can apply for “plus one” SAAS which will give you an extra year of SAAS. SAAS only gives a maximum of 5 years funding as the plus one funding is designed for people who have to resist a year , are doing a PGDE , masters degree or like ourselves needing funding for the HNC and also a 4 year undergraduate degree. Hope this helped any.
Reply 2
Original post by kerilouise38

I am also doing a HNC in childhood practice in September and going on to do primary education at university afterwords
Original post by Mia287
I am also doing a HNC in childhood practice in September and going on to do primary education at university afterwords

Cool thanks so much for your help!!
Hi guys, how are your HNC’s going? i’m planning on doing the exact same this year
Reply 5
Hey I’m nearly finished my HNC and have offers to study primary education , most aspects of the HNC are interesting and the practical placement is very beneficial as I have worked with a range of different children of different needs , backgrounds and circumstances. I’ve found the psychological / sociological aspects of the course interesting such as learning about different aspects of childhood development and specific theorists. If you have any questions I’m more happy to help , you could even pm if you wanted
that sounds actually really interesting! my interview is tomorrow i’m quite nervous about it, is it just a one to one interview or a big group one? I’ll no doubt have questions for you when i’m actually doing the course because i can’t really find stuff about it anywhere else, thanks for the reply too:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending