The Student Room Group

**Official Consultancy 2019 Internship Thread**

if the bankers can have one, why can't we? (also a prospective consultancy internship applicant).

thread is open to all types of consultants, good luck to everyone :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, when do MBB summer internship applications open?
Reply 2
Anyone having issues with PwC SJT?
when does deloitte open?
Reply 4
Anyone else having trouble applying to OC&C?
Applying for Alpha FMC. I'm through to the telephone interview stage with Bright Network and was just wondering if anyone else has advice for this stage?

Thanks!
Original post by callmejonte
Applying for Alpha FMC. I'm through to the telephone interview stage with Bright Network and was just wondering if anyone else has advice for this stage?

Thanks!

I have my telephone interview for Alpha FMC tomorrow, how did yours go? Any tips on types of questions to expect?
Original post by TechGirl96
I have my telephone interview for Alpha FMC tomorrow, how did yours go? Any tips on types of questions to expect?

Mainly competency and motivation, and one market sizing question. Think it went ok but I guess we'll see!
Might be a weird question, but do you need to actually network to get an internship at a big 3/other respected consulting firm? Or is a strong application through the normal channel all that's needed?
Just sent Mck off. Apparently we will hear after the deadline and max by the 2nd of Nov

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by midgemeister7
Might be a weird question, but do you need to actually network to get an internship at a big 3/other respected consulting firm? Or is a strong application through the normal channel all that's needed?

from my experience last year no you do not need to network - much more meritocratic system than banking
Mainly competency and motivation, and one market sizing question. Think it went ok but I guess we'll see!
Hi do you remember what specifically were the questions? Were you ultimately successful?
Has anyone applied to Strategy&, I thought i looked before and saw it needed a cover letter. But now, i cannot find anywhere to upload it within the application.
Original post by Idontcare155
Has anyone applied to Strategy&, I thought i looked before and saw it needed a cover letter. But now, i cannot find anywhere to upload it within the application.

no cl required

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been invited to an AC for Alpha FMC! Anyone got any tips? Cheers!
anyone done a live interview for deloitte s&o before?
anyone heard from bcg, oliver wyman?
It's still early days to hear back from MBB.

What companies are people applying to outside of MBB?
Has KPMG opened/will it open?
Reply 19

Congrats on getting to the AC! If you don't mind me asking, what main competencies did the interview focus on/what was your market sizing question about? Also how long was your telephone interview? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending