tsh2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since my GCSEs I have completely forgotten how to revise effectively! I've tried going over notes, chunking information but it never seems to stick in my head. I'm especially stuck with History revision.

If anyone has any tips, especially for History, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
jamesgillian123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you need to make yourself care more, if you care about it, then its more important, then you wont forget it. someone tells u the date of ur amazing holiday you wont forget because you care so much about it.
I'mCookieMonster
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also struggled to revise history! I used flashcards to remember facts and made my own timeline to remember chronology and dates. Another way (if you are an audio learner) would be too look on youtube for a song with all the facts you need or make your own song or rhyme with the info. I also found mnemonics as a good way to remember information. You could also look on Quizlet and if you cant find one that has the stuff you want to learn then you can just make your own, I also found this pretty useful.

I hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (29)
43.94%
Take autumn exams (23)
34.85%
Look for a job (1)
1.52%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
3.03%
Take a year out (8)
12.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.55%

Watched Threads