NHS orthodontics waiting list Watch

0X0XM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been referred to a orthodontics
and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how long it took before they could go see a orthodontics if they have been on the NHS waiting list before.

thank you
ChickenRun
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only waited about 3 weeks between referral and orthadontist appointment but I think I was very lucky to get in at a time the wait list was usually short (Jan/Feb/March time). Had braces fitted approx 2 weeks after appointment so all pretty quick! My sister had to wait at least a few months for hers (referral to orthadontist) if I remember rightly so so definitely varies for whatever reason! Did your dentist advise on waiting times for your area?
JusticeInk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been waiting for my braces for 2 years and 2 months and still haven’t got them yet
MongoDB
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Takes bloody ages.

Currently undergoing treatment for my underbite, the distance in time between asking my dentist for a referral and getting a letter acknowledging my referral was at least 6-8 months, had at least 4 or 5 VERY spaced out appointments before finally getting my lower brace fitted and had my upper brace fitted a few months after that.

Overall the amount of time between going to the dentist to get a referral and having my upper brace fitted was at least a year and half, may have been a few months longer than that.

I don't even know when my surgery's due to happen but it won't be before well into 2019.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (218)
53.3%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.96%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.65%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.87%