The Student Room Group

My Sister Calls Me Fat, Stupid, Ugly and Says I Eat Everything In The House

Is there anything I can do to stop this? I love my sister to the moon and back, but sometimes I lash out at her because of all my sadness and anger I've bottled up. I don't mean to do this, and I always apologize after, but she never does! All my parents do is just say 'your not fat', and then give her a lecture. The day one of my pets died they were bothering me so much I just yelled 'SHUT UP!" and bolted upstairs crying. My sister never helps me with anything, yet I help her. Every time she yells at me, I feel really sad and end up crying, but I smile at her and say 'I love you too." What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The REAL question is was it a cat or a dog?
Reply 2
It was a cat
wait so who said it
Reply 4
Have you every tried to talk to your sister about this. There’s no need for her to be so mean to you that’s just bullying especially if she can see how upset it makes you.
Reply 5
It was my sister who said things.
Reply 6
@temzra I have talked to my sister about this many times, she just says "Okay" and goes on about her day. But she never stops.
Reply 7
@temzra My sister ruins my dreams of becoming an astronaut, she says i'll never be good enough. This really hurts me. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by slightlykieran
The problems lie within yourself.
They do? How so?
Reply 9
Original post by slightlykieran
Lizzy,

I can't answer that for you. It's up to you Lizzy. Look deep within yourself. I'm sure you'll find the answers you seek.

XOX

Hm, well thank you for that! :smile:
Reply 10
Bad News, I just heard my little brother and my little sis talking about how I was a b**ch and how useless I was. I'm the oldest sibling, I just let them walk all over me. They hurt me emotionally and physically. We're all only 2 years apart.
Reply 11
Everything is lost inside, I can't break through nor can I hide, but something drives me to the edge. :frown:
Just grow up. It's your siblings job to annoy you - clichéd but just ignore them and it will eventually stop.
Reply 13
Original post by user2809
Just grow up. It's your siblings job to annoy you - clichéd but just ignore them and it will eventually stop.

It's really hard to ignore them, my parents tell me that too.Plus I'm mature for my age. It never stops, my sister says "I'm mom's little angel, but when she's not around, I'm a devil to you."
Original post by Lizzy9982
It's really hard to ignore them, my parents tell me that too.Plus I'm mature for my age. It never stops, my sister says "I'm mom's little angel, but when she's not around, I'm a devil to you."

Do you mind me asking how old you are? And also how old is your sister?
Reply 15
Original post by user2809
Do you mind me asking how old you are? And also how old is your sister?
Not at all! I'm very cautious on the internet, but since your here to help, I shall tell you. I'm 10, my sister is 8. We are 2 years apart.
How old are you and your siblings?
Not at all! I'm very cautious on the internet, but since your here to help, I shall tell you. I'm 10, my sister is 8. We are 2 years apart.

She'll grow out of it, youre only 10

Ok I'm sorry that you're having this hard experience at such a young age but just remember than nothing your sister is saying is true - you are not fat or ugly, and you can become an astronaut! Since your sister is younger than you and perhaps not as mature as you are, she doesn't understand that what she is saying is upsetting you. Please just keep telling your parents and ask them to explain to your sister that what she is doing is wrong and that she can't treat people like that.
Reply 19
I am 10, my sister is 8, my brother is 6.

Latest

Trending

Trending