The Student Room Group

UWS Midwifery Applicants 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Terri1990
Try and calm down a bit lol. You need to focus on yourself and why they should pick YOU for the course, not anyone else. Yes other people may have more life experience than you but you may have other things to offer that they can’t for example you may be more flexible in terms of where u can go on placement etc because older people may have young children or other commitments that might limit them. I’m sure you will do great. Being invited to interview means that based on your personal
statement they already think you are the right person for the course so you just need to confirm for them what they are already thinking 😊 best of luck to you 😘 x

Yeah I need to try and chill a bit lol. Thanks for the support and advice and good luck to you! Xx
Original post by CowieM
Yeah I need to try and chill a bit lol. Thanks for the support and advice and good luck to you! Xx

I’m not going for my interview anymore as I found out I’m pregnant after getting my offer. It should have been tomorrow at 9 so I’m a bit down but I just need to focus on reapplying next year! Best of luck to u x
Reply 222
Original post by Terri1990
I’m not going for my interview anymore as I found out I’m pregnant after getting my offer. It should have been tomorrow at 9 so I’m a bit down but I just need to focus on reapplying next year! Best of luck to u x

Aw well still very exciting for you having a baby! Congrats and good luck next year! Xx
Original post by CowieM
Hi! Just thought I'd pipe in! I have an interview at UWS at 12 on Wednesday and I'm absolutely bricking it! I'm 17 so I feel quite intimidated by the idea of other applicants being older and having more life experience and maybe being better at speaking on the spot than me. I'm so nervous I'm shaking just thinking about it!

How have you guys prepared? I've just been reading on the links they gave us and making some notes. I don't really know what else I can do. I went to the midwifery workshop last year as well and I found it really valuable, but I just get so incredibly nervous about things like this that I feel I am going to screw it up.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has already had their interview and could give me a bit of insight as to what to expect!

How did it go?? I’m so nervous about mine on Friday, I really dont know what to expect.
Anyone else had theirs yet? X
Reply 224
Really annoying that people who've had interviews won't give any info to those waiting. If you've interviewed already then they've probably decided if you're in or not. It's nice to be nice!
Original post by MrsSL1
Really annoying that people who've had interviews won't give any info to those waiting. If you've interviewed already then they've probably decided if you're in or not. It's nice to be nice!

I think they’re told not to tbf... yes frustrating but gives everyone an equal chance x
Original post by MrsSL1

You are told by each uni that you could loose your offer if you reveal information about your interview, also anyone who had their interview has had to go using their own preparation. It should be a fair playing field especially as the course is so competitive. Surely you would want your offer based on your own ability and preparation.
Original post by jol0123
Just found it, thank you!

How did you find it? I’m hearing that it’s quite relaxed- would you say so?
Reply 228
I didn't realise. Makes sense. Just found it annoying when people are asking and getting no reply. Would be better if someone just wrote that they're not able to because they were told not to. I've not asked personally x
Original post by Dostciare1167

Very relaxed, I had a lovely group. They aren’t trying to trip you up, and I’m sure there will be nothing you can’t manage.
The best thing you can do is be yourself. Good luck x
Original post by Dostciare1167

It was better than I was expecting, it is very relaxed honestly nothing to worry about.
Original post by jol0123
It was better than I was expecting, it is very relaxed honestly nothing to worry about.

So glad to hear this! I’ve been told this but nice to know from those who have gone already! Fingers crossed for you! Did they say when you would hear? Xx
Original post by LAHam1987
So glad to hear this! I’ve been told this but nice to know from those who have gone already! Fingers crossed for you! Did they say when you would hear? Xx

They said the 18th March, another nerve wrecking wait x
Original post by jol0123
They said the 18th March, another nerve wrecking wait x

At least it isn’t months away! 😁 u can do it!! 💪
Reply 234
Now that all the BSc interviews have been done (I think) has anyone had an offer from UWS? I'm sure they said anyone who scored as excellent will hear this week or next and the rest will hear on the 19th of March, after the MSc interviews which are the 18th.

Also, has anyone else received an interview for Napier who was waiting? I got mine yesterday x
Hi just got an offer from UWS through about an hour ago, an unconditional for the Bsc course! My interview was just yesterday so they must be sending out offers throughout the process x
Original post by Ellie8202
Hi just got an offer from UWS through about an hour ago, an unconditional for the Bsc course! My interview was just yesterday so they must be sending out offers throughout the process x

Amazing!!! Congratulations!! That’s SO quick! U must b so chuffed! I just had mine today xx
Reply 237
Original post by Ellie8202

My interview was yesterday too and I got an unconditional about 5 minutes after I posted. So happy. Congratulations xx
Original post by MrsSL1
My interview was yesterday too and I got an unconditional about 5 minutes after I posted. So happy. Congratulations xx

Congratulations!! Xx
Original post by LAHam1987
Amazing!!! Congratulations!! That’s SO quick! U must b so chuffed! I just had mine today xx

Thank you so much!! I’m so happy, hope you hear back good news soon xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending