How to get fitter without it impacting my daily activities?

Watch
username3161682
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since my exams finished 2 weeks ago, I have been on a fitness regime for the Summer to get fitter.
The issue is that I feel as if I am being pushed too hard and it is impacting my daily activities as I am just really tired.
I keep having very negative feelings when exercising and feel that it's getting too much. Two days ago, I did 16,200 steps in total and yesterday, I was exercising for over 1h30.
I've also cut down the calories. I just feel that it is a lot for me. How can I continue to exercise without feeling like this? submit
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
Since my exams finished 2 weeks ago, I have been on a fitness regime for the Summer to get fitter.
The issue is that I feel as if I am being pushed too hard and it is impacting my daily activities as I am just really tired.
I keep having very negative feelings when exercising and feel that it's getting too much. Two days ago, I did 16,200 steps in total and yesterday, I was exercising for over 1h30.
I've also cut down the calories. I just feel that it is a lot for me. How can I continue to exercise without feeling like this? submit
Well one thing is to make sure that you're getting in enough energy to do the exercise. Making sure you have a high energy snack (like a banana) before exercising is a good place to start. A snack after is also a decent idea to give you something to regain your energy. You can fiddle around a bit with different snacks and amounts to find what seems to be the right amount for you and what you're doing.

Also very important to drink enough. You're going to need to drink more because of the exercise and a bit of dehydration can make you feel soo bad.

And as far as the exercise itself goes, try not to make it too demanding. Maybe doing the same stuff just at a bit of a slower pace. And it might be that your body needs to get used to it a bit so you may well find that after a little while you start to feel more capable.

Anyway I'm not exactly a huge expert and there are some people floating around the site who know a lot more than me. You're more likely to get their attention in the fitness section so I'm going to move this thread over there for you.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you thought of cutting down? An hour and a half seems excessive - especially if you're not enjoying it.

I exercise for 30 minutes a few times a week. I prefer to try and pack an intense workout into a short amount of time rather than stay at it for too long.
username3161682
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Have you thought of cutting down? An hour and a half seems excessive - especially if you're not enjoying it.

I exercise for 30 minutes a few times a week. I prefer to try and pack an intense workout into a short amount of time rather than stay at it for too long.
My dad is the one who makes me do it. He is making me do it each day. I felt really disorientated after yesterday.
ddoy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
Get at least 9 hrs of sleep a night and have rest days every 3-4 days to allow your body to recover. Just make sure a rest day doesn't become a rest week or month.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (400)
56.26%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed