S2 or M1? Which is easier? Watch

AnonymosuarusRex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just finished the S1 resit, it went well, better than Jan paper for sure. I'm planning to go into design engineering or architecture. My school advised me to do S1 and then M1, even though I got an A in Math in IG's. I took physics, but not really liking it and I'm not as confident in it than Math. I'm good at Kinematics and Dynamics portion, it's just the Electricity is hard.

So should I do M1 or continue with S1, which one is better to score a higher grade?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnonymosuarusRex)
I just finished the S1 resit, it went well, better than Jan paper for sure. I'm planning to go into design engineering or architecture. My school advised me to do S1 and then M1, even though I got an A in Math in IG's. I took physics, but not really liking it and I'm not as confident in it than Math. I'm good at Kinematics and Dynamics portion, it's just the Electricity is hard.

So should I do M1 or continue with S1, which one is better to score a higher grade?
I'm terrible at Physics but excelled in M1 (98 UMS) because once you do enough papers, everything becomes second nature and you start to see a very clear pattern between the questions.
AnonymosuarusRex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
I'm terrible at Physics but excelled in M1 (98 UMS) because once you do enough papers, everything becomes second nature and you start to see a very clear pattern between the questions.
Damn man 98 UMS. Did you take Physics? I’m more likely to take M1 than S2 cuz it’s meant for AS and I need something to fill me in since I’m dropping physics.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Damn man 98 UMS. Did you take Physics? I’m more likely to take M1 than S2 cuz it’s meant for AS and I need something to fill me in since I’m dropping physics.
I did - and I hated it! I ended up dropping physics after AS

Was surprised I got what I got in mechanics as well... In fairness, once you've done a few papers, the questions just tend to repeat over, and over again in disguise
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Don't you need two applied modules? I find mechanics easier ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads