The Student Room Group

Long distance relationship

Hi, I have been in a long distance relationship for over 6 months now, I study here and live with my parents and he lives two hours away with his parents and works full time, he is thinking about studying next year that will go for three years, and my course after this year has one more year to go. Ideally after I have studied I would move there, we are having a few problems dealing with the distance and the thought of having to do it for another year at least. Just wondering if anyone has any tips about long distance relationships and dealing with it?
Original post by Teghan
Hi, I have been in a long distance relationship for over 6 months now, I study here and live with my parents and he lives two hours away with his parents and works full time, he is thinking about studying next year that will go for three years, and my course after this year has one more year to go. Ideally after I have studied I would move there, we are having a few problems dealing with the distance and the thought of having to do it for another year at least. Just wondering if anyone has any tips about long distance relationships and dealing with it?

Communication is the key and being honest with each other.
Reply 2
Thank you, we are trying to communicate well and honestly, but we have different thoughts and expectations on that such as we are both shying people and I don’t really like talking on video chat and we do that almost every night and I know I need to communicate with more detail during the day. And it’s hard him being at work all day only being able to talk some of the time but I think we are doing our best.
Original post by Teghan
Thank you, we are trying to communicate well and honestly, but we have different thoughts and expectations on that such as we are both shying people and I don’t really like talking on video chat and we do that almost every night and I know I need to communicate with more detail during the day. And it’s hard him being at work all day only being able to talk some of the time but I think we are doing our best.

Think you just gotta make the most of the time you do have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending