The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Triple Chemistry 2018 Higher Paper 2 unoffical mark scheme/ exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HelloFromIt'sMe
you dont draw a tangent you use the equation

mass of reactants lost/time

it was like 0.98/80

But it didnt ask for the rate of reaction up to the point, which is what you have found, it asked for the rate of reaction at a specific point, which is a tangent
Original post by johnthebaptist27
What did you guys get for the energy to make 2kg of cups?
I thought it was 1kg
Original post by ZainulAli1234
Finally some one who got what i goy. I was worried

I got 0.03 so yeah thank god
Original post by andrew_1702
Yours is right, but I rounded up to 121 because it asked TO GET 1kg of substance as 120 got like 989g, so I rounded upto 121 and then multiplied by 550.

I was really confused by that as well because if you used 120 it's not technically 1kg but I ended up using 120 because it looked better in standard form
What did yous get for the rate? I got 0.0031

Also, for how ethanol made ethanoic acid? (Might have been methanol to methanol acid, idk) I put oxidising agent eg postassium dichromate, but don’t think it was right
Original post by jsjsjsjs333

Also, for how ethanol made ethanoic acid? (Might have been methanol to methanol acid, idk) I put oxidising agent eg postassium dichromate, but don’t think it was right

I put oxidising agent as well and think thats the correct answer
if u use 121 cups it would be greater than 1kg
120 is just a little below
Which one was sodium ethanoate for?

The one were it said sodium and ethanol react together but i think i8'm wrong
Reply 88

It said what 'what kind of substance' so idk, I crossed out gas and just put oxidising agent too.
What gas was causing the mass of the mixture to decrease? The one with magnesium carbonate and an acid
Original post by Fabianreah99
I thought it was 1kg

Yh it was xD, no wonder I could get my original answer in the exam again haha
Reply 91

It asked for the gas which is hydrogen
What gas was causing the mass of the mixture to decrease? The one with magnesium carbonate and an acid

carbon dioxide
Original post by HelloFromIt'sMe
you dont draw a tangent you use the equation

mass of reactants lost/time

it was like 0.98/80

you definitely do draw a tangent, it was a four mark question, the rate constantly changes so to get it from a singular point (0.95g) you have to use a tangent 😊
Reply 94

was it magnesium carbonate? In that case it was carbon dioxide, but i thought it was just magnesium ribbon so i put hydrogen

It asked for the gas which was hydrogen I think because the reaction produces sodium ethoxide and hydrogen
I got like 0.0028

I got 0.0027
0.0024 for the tangent, thermosetting polymers form cross links for the last question, fermentation, sulphate practical- you add barium chloride solution and if it goes white, there are sulphate ions present, formulation, sodium ethanoate, particulates, sodium ions= yellow, copper ions= green,

it was hydrogen not sodium ethanoate as it asked for a gas
Reply 98
For everyone asking about the sodium and ethanol question, the reaction produces HYDROGEN.
Original post by brarje
For everyone asking about the sodium and ethanol question, the reaction produces HYDROGEN.

Correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending