The Student Room Group

KTH Stockholm or ETH Zurich

Hello everybody,

to make my story short - I am currently working as an intern in Zurich and recently have been accepted for MSc program at KTH in Stockholm (a double degree program: KTH (1year) + KU Leuven (1 year)). I have received a fee waiver scholarship only, so unfortunately the living costs are not covered.

Even though those universities are among the best engineering schools in Europe, I somehow feel that ETH Zurich is slightly better. My alternative then is to wait 1 year (keep working in the company I am working right now) and apply for ETH Zurich. I would like to ask you guys for your opinions regarding those two options (the second one is risky, because I can simply be rejected).

Is it possible to work part-time at any of those universities?
Is it harder to be accepted at ETH than it is at KTH?
What are the career prospects after both? (Power engineering industry)

What's important to know is that my goal after graduation is to work in Switzerland or Germany. I can speak german on a B1 level, but will surely improve with time since I am still working in Switzerland for another 3 months at least.

Thanks for every answer!

PS: I have just realised it may be important to mention that I come from Poland (EU).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Maciej23
Hello everybody,

to make my story short - I am currently working as an intern in Zurich and recently have been accepted for MSc program at KTH in Stockholm (a double degree program: KTH (1year) + KU Leuven (1 year)). I have received a fee waiver scholarship only, so unfortunately the living costs are not covered.

Even though those universities are among the best engineering schools in Europe, I somehow feel that ETH Zurich is slightly better. My alternative then is to wait 1 year (keep working in the company I am working right now) and apply for ETH Zurich. I would like to ask you guys for your opinions regarding those two options.

Is it possible to work part-time at any of those universities?

What's important to know is that my goal after graduation is to work in Switzerland or Germany. I can speak german on a B1 level, but will surely improve with time since I am still working in Switzerland for another 3 months at least.

ETH Zürich is better known globally.

Naturally German unis will have greater bias in Germany and vice versa.

I think a lot of it depends on where you are more likely to live
Reply 2
ETHZ (QS Top 10), if you are very confident at your UG performance.

KTH, if you want to experience more of the Nordic culture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending