The Student Room Group

Science Synergy | Paper 4 | Unofficial Marksheme

How did the exam go?

What did you guys get for the last question.

I find it was pretty hard.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hardest one by far. I didn't get an answer but I did do a tone of calculations regarding RAM. I got 60.5 for the 4 motor's question just before that.
Reply 2
Not gonna lie, I find it was the best one so far. Managed to do the exam pretty good for only 2 hours of light sleep.

I got 26.(something) A.

That question was pretty hard.

How did you calculate it?
Reply 3
Meh. I did the wats to find out the efficiency. Then did 36 divided by 4 to get 9. Something else that I can't remember.
I went through the whole thing at the end and I counted up marks that I confidently know are right and I got around 50. Which is not that bad for a 7-7 tg. The other first two test went pretty well though. Wby?
Reply 4
I always had difficulties answering the questions that involved an experimental setup for a practical. I never really learnt those. That's why I was best on paper 4 (which had barely any of those questions).

To find the Amps I first multiplied the output of all motors, then I divided it by 0.76 to get the total power input. Lastly, I divided that by the Volts to get the Amps of the entire circuit. (not sure if it's correct tho)
Reply 5
Original post by MattAa
Then did 36 divided by 4 to get 9.

You shouldn't have. The motors were in a parallel circuit. This means all motors had equal volts.
Reply 6
3/6 for working out though. Everything else was right im sure.
I got 60.5 too
Reply 8
Original post by Carla0617
I got 60.5 too

Wehayy! Maybe we are correct? Who knows 🤔
Reply 9
I think the first half was okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending