Rehnuma Islam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are the topics that are most likely to come up in paper 3 that didn’t come up in paper 1 and paper 2
Ollie1999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't done any formal predictions but this is what has come up in this year and in paper 3 previously.

Labour market maybe? Rail nationalisation could be a big one or HS2! Make sure you know the micro and macro effects of that.

Paper 2 topics 2017
Financial sector role in development, supply side policies, currency depreciation, inequality, poverty and development
Paper 1 topics 2017
Monopoly power with Apple, externalities (?), policies to reduce labour immobility, changes in PED, regulation of excessive profits and competition policy/contestability

Paper 3 topics 2017 :
Section A: Exchange rate, externalities, primary product dependency, effect of policies to stimulate growth and impact of chiles economy of changes in investment. Section B: Output gap, debt/deficit, NLW and profitability, micro and macro influences on international competitiveness and micro and macro effects of austerity policy

Specimen :
Section A: Imports/exports on CFOI, cross elasticity of demand, micro and macro effects of fracking on UK, micro and macro effects of lower global energy prices. Section B: Exchange rate depreciation, costs of inflation, protectionism affecting use of land, micro and macro effects of price controls, micro and macro effects of currency depreciation
M_student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guys just a quick question for paper 3 Edexcel economics
We have to mention both macro and micro points right, so could we pick one point and write for micro and for macro??
Example:
Fall in the value of pound-higher exports-investment- abnormal profits- spending in R&d ‘ all of micro points

Then with the same concept for macro : fall in the value of pound-higher exports- more investment- jobs-living standards-more -corporation tax ‘all of macro points

My concept was exports- for micro point and macro point.

Will I be able to do that?? Or do I have to change the concept for one of them?[/QUOTE]
Rehnuma Islam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Ollie1999)
I haven't done any formal predictions but this is what has come up in this year and in paper 3 previously.

Labour market maybe? Rail nationalisation could be a big one or HS2! Make sure you know the micro and macro effects of that.

Paper 2 topics 2017
Financial sector role in development, supply side policies, currency depreciation, inequality, poverty and development
Paper 1 topics 2017
Monopoly power with Apple, externalities (?), policies to reduce labour immobility, changes in PED, regulation of excessive profits and competition policy/contestability

Paper 3 topics 2017 :
Section A: Exchange rate, externalities, primary product dependency, effect of policies to stimulate growth and impact of chiles economy of changes in investment. Section B: Output gap, debt/deficit, NLW and profitability, micro and macro influences on international competitiveness and micro and macro effects of austerity policy

Specimen :
Section A: Imports/exports on CFOI, cross elasticity of demand, micro and macro effects of fracking on UK, micro and macro effects of lower global energy prices. Section B: Exchange rate depreciation, costs of inflation, protectionism affecting use of land, micro and macro effects of price controls, micro and macro effects of currency depreciation
Thank you
Ollie1999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by M_student)
Guys just a quick question for paper 3 Edexcel economics
We have to mention both macro and micro points right, so could we pick one point and write for micro and for macro??
Example:
Fall in the value of pound-higher exports-investment- abnormal profits- spending in R&d ‘ all of micro points

Then with the same concept for macro : fall in the value of pound-higher exports- more investment- jobs-living standards-more -corporation tax ‘all of macro points

My concept was exports- for micro point and macro point.

Will I be able to do that?? Or do I have to change the concept for one of them?
[/QUOTE]

You can but you could be credited for a higher L4 KAA with a bigger more developed point encompassing both of them
M_student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ollie1999)
You can but you could be credited for a higher L4 KAA with a bigger more developed point encompassing both of them
Thanks👍🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.14%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.25%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (54)
26.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads