Rehnuma Islam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What are the topics that are most likely to come up in paper 3 that didn’t come up in paper 1 and paper 2
Ollie1999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven't done any formal predictions but this is what has come up in this year and in paper 3 previously.

Labour market maybe? Rail nationalisation could be a big one or HS2! Make sure you know the micro and macro effects of that.

Paper 2 topics 2017
Financial sector role in development, supply side policies, currency depreciation, inequality, poverty and development
Paper 1 topics 2017
Monopoly power with Apple, externalities (?), policies to reduce labour immobility, changes in PED, regulation of excessive profits and competition policy/contestability

Paper 3 topics 2017 :
Section A: Exchange rate, externalities, primary product dependency, effect of policies to stimulate growth and impact of chiles economy of changes in investment. Section B: Output gap, debt/deficit, NLW and profitability, micro and macro influences on international competitiveness and micro and macro effects of austerity policy

Specimen :
Section A: Imports/exports on CFOI, cross elasticity of demand, micro and macro effects of fracking on UK, micro and macro effects of lower global energy prices. Section B: Exchange rate depreciation, costs of inflation, protectionism affecting use of land, micro and macro effects of price controls, micro and macro effects of currency depreciation
M_student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys just a quick question for paper 3 Edexcel economics
We have to mention both macro and micro points right, so could we pick one point and write for micro and for macro??
Example:
Fall in the value of pound-higher exports-investment- abnormal profits- spending in R&d ‘ all of micro points

Then with the same concept for macro : fall in the value of pound-higher exports- more investment- jobs-living standards-more -corporation tax ‘all of macro points

My concept was exports- for micro point and macro point.

Will I be able to do that?? Or do I have to change the concept for one of them?[/QUOTE]
Rehnuma Islam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ollie1999)
I haven't done any formal predictions but this is what has come up in this year and in paper 3 previously.

Labour market maybe? Rail nationalisation could be a big one or HS2! Make sure you know the micro and macro effects of that.

Paper 2 topics 2017
Financial sector role in development, supply side policies, currency depreciation, inequality, poverty and development
Paper 1 topics 2017
Monopoly power with Apple, externalities (?), policies to reduce labour immobility, changes in PED, regulation of excessive profits and competition policy/contestability

Paper 3 topics 2017 :
Section A: Exchange rate, externalities, primary product dependency, effect of policies to stimulate growth and impact of chiles economy of changes in investment. Section B: Output gap, debt/deficit, NLW and profitability, micro and macro influences on international competitiveness and micro and macro effects of austerity policy

Specimen :
Section A: Imports/exports on CFOI, cross elasticity of demand, micro and macro effects of fracking on UK, micro and macro effects of lower global energy prices. Section B: Exchange rate depreciation, costs of inflation, protectionism affecting use of land, micro and macro effects of price controls, micro and macro effects of currency depreciation
Thank you
Ollie1999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by M_student)
Guys just a quick question for paper 3 Edexcel economics
We have to mention both macro and micro points right, so could we pick one point and write for micro and for macro??
Example:
Fall in the value of pound-higher exports-investment- abnormal profits- spending in R&d ‘ all of micro points

Then with the same concept for macro : fall in the value of pound-higher exports- more investment- jobs-living standards-more -corporation tax ‘all of macro points

My concept was exports- for micro point and macro point.

Will I be able to do that?? Or do I have to change the concept for one of them?
[/QUOTE]

You can but you could be credited for a higher L4 KAA with a bigger more developed point encompassing both of them
M_student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ollie1999)
You can but you could be credited for a higher L4 KAA with a bigger more developed point encompassing both of them
Thanks👍🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads