EDEXCEL History A level the rise and fall of Fascism in Italy

Watch
leah2000xoxo21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Exam today!!!! Does anyone have predictions???
thetaleofmine2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you find the exam?
(Original post by leah2000xoxo21)
Exam today!!!! Does anyone have predictions???
_bgall
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did people find it?

I liked it. Thought the Salo question was cruel, cant imagine many people did it. I did the indoctrination one.
Source was nice also
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
(Original post by thetaleofmine2)
How did you find the exam?
TBH not too bad. Source was alright but in terms of the essay Qs, I kinda had no choice but to do the fascist indoctrination one bc I didn’t have much to say about the republic of salo... hbu?
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
TBH not too bad. Source was alright but in terms of the essay Qs, I kinda had no choice but to do the fascist indoctrination one bc I didn’t have much to say about the republic of salo... hbu?

I thought my source question was alright, like not my best but it wasn’t bad
I got so confused by the indoctrination essay that I don’t think I ended up structuring it well? But my content was good
How imp do you think structure is over content?
_bgall
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got so confused by the indoctrination essay that I don’t think I ended up structuring it well? But my content was good
I'm in the same situation, I was paranoid about getting my content in that I feel my evaluative comments were lacking. How did you structure? I did for and against
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
I think that as long as u did a basic intro and conclusion and you stated which way your argument was going, then it’s okay. Detail and content is what raises the marks. Last year in one of my mocks I did good essays like good structure etc but lacking in detail and I got a B. So my teacher said that had I included key info such as dates, percentages, numbers, names etc etc I’d have gotten the A ... so I think content is most important tbh as long as structure isn’t really bad
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _bgall)
I'm in the same situation, I was paranoid about getting my content in that I feel my evaluative comments were lacking. How did you structure? I did for and against
I did like two points. So my first point was about popular culture and how the ONB led to indoctrination, essentially controlling the nation. And then argued against by saying the indoctrination was quite limited particularly as he CAtholic church were allowed to create their own youth groups, that led to the use of violence to shut down the groups
And then my second point was about propaganda and how that failed to create a fully indoctrinated state, for example they had to use violence against the Roselli brothers.

But my main issues with that essay was that I got so confused that I didn’t answer the question and then basically just ended up being descriptive. Which is super frustrating because I had all the content?
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think that as long as u did a basic intro and conclusion and you stated which way your argument was going, then it’s okay. Detail and content is what raises the marks. Last year in one of my mocks I did good essays like good structure etc but lacking in detail and I got a B. So my teacher said that had I included key info such as dates, percentages, numbers, names etc etc I’d have gotten the A ... so I think content is most important tbh as long as structure isn’t really bad
Oh that’s reassuring. Like my conclusion said ‘the indoctrination failed which led to high use of terror’ but idk like I tried to be a bit clever and say ‘but indoctrination and use of terror may not always be linked, like use of terror may not come about due to a lack of indoctrination’ and I didn’t explain it well - I still don’t know how to explain it well tbh. Which is stupid because I should have just answered the question in a straight forward manner instead of trying to find more evaluation

I think I may have gotten a 14-15 hopefully
But I want an A overall and idk how that’s gonna work out
_bgall
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did like two points. So my first point was about popular culture and how the ONB led to indoctrination, essentially controlling the nation. And then argued against by saying the indoctrination was quite limited particularly as he CAtholic church were allowed to create their own youth groups, that led to the use of violence to shut down the groups
And then my second point was about propaganda and how that failed to create a fully indoctrinated state, for example they had to use violence against the Roselli brothers.

But my main issues with that essay was that I got so confused that I didn’t answer the question and then basically just ended up being descriptive. Which is super frustrating because I had all the content?
I used criteria to sort of guide my point through the answer, measuring the degree of indoctrination caused by each policy or movement(ONB, OND etc). I'm annoyed I forgot about catholic action groups I think that could be key. I mentioned too much on propaganda I think and culture (film, newspapers and theatre).
My conclusion was messy as well tbh.
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
Oh that’s reassuring. Like my conclusion said ‘the indoctrination failed which led to high use of terror’ but idk like I tried to be a bit clever and say ‘but indoctrination and use of terror may not always be linked, like use of terror may not come about due to a lack of indoctrination’ and I didn’t explain it well - I still don’t know how to explain it well tbh. Which is stupid because I should have just answered the question in a straight forward manner instead of trying to find more evaluation

I think I may have gotten a 14-15 hopefully
But I want an A overall and idk how that’s gonna work out
If you got 14-15, i think you could still get an A if you got like 18/19 for the source and 16/17 marks in paper 1 as well as a really good coursework... I wouldn’t worry as everyone approaches different questions differently
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you got 14-15, i think you could still get an A if you got like 18/19 for the source and 16/17 marks in paper 1 as well as a really good coursework... I wouldn’t worry as everyone approaches different questions differently
Last year it was 30/40 to get an A, I don't think 18 in the other one is the necessary?
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
Last year it was 30/40 to get an A, I don't think 18 in the other one?
I’m saying Out of 20 for each essay,,,
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m saying Out of 20 for each essay,,,
I don't understand? So you're saying 18/20 to get an A overall if I get 14 in one?

Also do you guys thing this paper was harder than last year's - I definitely think so?
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
I don't understand? So you're saying 18/20 to get an A overall if I get 14 in one?

Also do you guys thing this paper was harder than last year's - I definitely think so?
So you said you think you got 14-15 out of 20 in the indoctrination question. So what I’m saying is that if you got around 18/19 out of 20 for the source in today’s paper, it will still get you an A, bc the total marks for paper 2 is out of 40-
18+14 is 32 which would be an A I think.. or even if you got 17 for the source you’d still be fine. Does that make sense?
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So you said you think you got 14-15 out of 20 in the indoctrination question. So what I’m saying is that if you got around 18/19 out of 20 for the source in today’s paper, it will still get you an A, bc the total marks for paper 2 is out of 40-
18+14 is 32 which would be an A I think.. or even if you got 17 for the source you’d still be fine. Does that make sense?

Oh I understand!! What do you think the grade boundaries will be like this year?
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
Oh I understand!! What do you think the grade boundaries will be like this year?
I’m really not sure,,, hopefully low
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m really not sure,,, hopefully low
I feel like I'm asking so many questions looool
But for paper 1, if you didn't manage it to finish the conclusion for the interpretations question, do you think that will seriously lower your grade?
leah2000xoxo21
Rep:
?
I feel like I'm asking so many questions looool
But for paper 1, if you didn't manage it to finish the conclusion for the interpretations question, do you think that will seriously lower your grade?
Hahaha Don’t worry at all its totally fine! Do you mean the source Q for causes of ww2? I don’t think they’d significantly lower it but again, provided that you showed where u were taking the argument and compared both sources and gave abit of ur own knowledge. I also struggled with time,,, my conclusion was also really weak as I simply just didn’t have enough time 😕
thetaleofmine2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hahaha Don’t worry at all its totally fine! Do you mean the source Q for causes of ww2? I don’t think they’d significantly lower it but again, provided that you showed where u were taking the argument and compared both sources and gave abit of ur own knowledge. I also struggled with time,,, my conclusion was also really weak as I simply just didn’t have enough time 😕
Yeah I think my last paragraph (so before the conclusion) essentially showed what I thought of the question, and literally i just had to reiterate it in the conclusion to make it stronger. But then again I may not remember how I wrote my essay and I just compared them without reaching to a conclusion :/

Hopefully it went ok - not feeling too confident about history tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (180)
44.23%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (45)
11.06%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
8.11%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (86)
21.13%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (40)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.65%

Watched Threads