Number of courses in a semester Watch

Stacy83
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
1.If I start Bsc programme in October, how many courses do i study for per semester if I am full time student? (ie wanting to finish the degree within 3years)
2. How long is a semester? From October till?
Memento.Mori
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Stacy83)
1.If I start Bsc programme in October, how many courses do i study for per semester if I am full time student? (ie wanting to finish the degree within 3years)
2. How long is a semester? From October till?
Hi Stacy83,

You can study up to 4 modules per academic year if you register for the academic session commencing in November. With UoLIP, you only sit exams either in May/June or October of the following (calendar) year. The academic year runs from October to October of the following year. The October exam session is usually for resits, and you can only sit 2 exams. But from November 2018, they are allowing students to spread their exams over the two sessions, at the expense of their resists. For instance, you could sit 2 modules in May/June and 2 modules in October. However, if you fail one of the modules you took in May/June, you won't be able to retake it in October, unless you do not take the exam for one of the outstanding two modules (which you would have paid for). So this is something to consider when you register for modules and exams. I hope this makes sense.

[EDIT]
If you are applying to an EMFS course, the above may not apply to you. "Date of examinations 4.4 Timed written examinations take place in May/June each year." I would advise contacting the student advice team at +442078628360 or via the portal. The response time is much faster. Here is a link to the programme regulations for all 2018/19 courses https://london.ac.uk/current-student...#undergraduate.
[EDIT]

You might want to check the programme regulations and specifications for the BSc you are interested in studying; all the information you need should be in there. Every programme has specific progression requirements (e.g. you must pass one particular module at level 4 to be able to register for a level 5 module). At level 6, for the LLB at least, you are allowed to study up to 5 modules, so this may come in handy if you decide to split your exams.

Hope this helps.
alli26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Memento.Mori)
But from November 2018, they are allowing students to spread their exams over the two sessions, at the expense of their resists. For instance, you could sit 2 modules in May/June and 2 modules in October.
Hi, could someone please confirm this? Many thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads