Strawberries22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am studying the BTEC extended diploma in health and social care for 2 years. Last year I did not have a teacher for this course so I had to do everything on my own. This year my school could be bothered to employ a teacher (not the very best). I had to complete all the course in 1 year as I did not want to repeat a year. I had to do 13 units of which 3 were exams, 1 was a controlled assessment and 9 course works. I finished all my external units and I still have 3-course works to finish (done half of it). My teacher has no clue till when I have to finish all of it. Does anyone know the submission date for this coursework? I am so lost and the school is not a big help. If someone knows anything, please help me I really want to finish this year. Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Strawberries22)
I am studying the BTEC extended diploma in health and social care for 2 years. Last year I did not have a teacher for this course so I had to do everything on my own. This year my school could be bothered to employ a teacher (not the very best). I had to complete all the course in 1 year as I did not want to repeat a year. I had to do 13 units of which 3 were exams, 1 was a controlled assessment and 9 course works. I finished all my external units and I still have 3-course works to finish (done half of it). My teacher has no clue till when I have to finish all of it. Does anyone know the submission date for this coursework? I am so lost and the school is not a big help. If someone knows anything, please help me I really want to finish this year. Thank you.
You can't ring Edexcel you have to use their twitter or facebook page.

13 units sounds ridiculous.

Says 4 July here, but am not sure that is the correct date and that is also the date the teacher has to send them the final mark.i.e they have to have marked it.

Talk to edexcel and see if theres anything that can be done.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...BTEC-Nationals
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ial-media.html
Strawberries22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you for your help.
(Original post by 999tigger)
You can't ring Edexcel you have to use their twitter or facebook page.

13 units sounds ridiculous.

Says 4 July here, but am not sure that is the correct date and that is also the date the teacher has to send them the final mark.i.e they have to have marked it.

Talk to edexcel and see if theres anything that can be done.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...BTEC-Nationals
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ial-media.html
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Strawberries22)
Thank you for your help.
See how far you get. It all sounds very unsatisfactory.
I would say make a complaint, but at this stage it should all have finished by now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads