The Student Room Group

Magic circle law firm?

I’m doing an access course in September and I know it’s early days but I was just wondering if I get into a Russel group uni (Leeds, York, Durham etc) could I get into a top city law firm after my degree and LPC etc? Do they frown upon access courses in comparison to the traditional A level route?
Reply 1
Bump
I'm doing an Access course and I just got into 5 Russell Group unis would like to know as well!
Reply 3
Original post by rnv
I'm doing an Access course and I just got into 5 Russell Group unis would like to know as well!

Hi, out of curiosity did you get all distinctions and what unis did you get into? Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Cole1999
Hi, out of curiosity did you get all distinctions and what unis did you get into? Thanks

@J-SP has commented on this previously.

Essentially - Yes, its a non-traditional qualification which firms may not be familiar with, however, if you are able to demonstrate all of the abilities and qualities that firms look for, you will put yourself in a competitive position.

For me personally, I got 45/45 in my Access. I wanted this so I could say that I achieved the top marks possible which are AAA equivalency. This gets you past the AAA (or equivalent) requirement for some firms. You can also say that even though its AAA, you attended an A*AA Uni (Oxford, LSE, UCL etc..) which will cement those credentials.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending