AlexEMB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have applied and received a conditional offer to which I've made my firm choice and am now proceeding to choose my '5 preferences' of accommodation, as the MyEd site instructs. All possible choices (except for 1) are located not within walking distance to Edinburgh College of Art. I was wondering if anyone who knows the city better, is aware of bus routes to and from accommodation and campuses and how easy it is to locate them.
Accommodation includes: Murano, Haddington Place, Brae House, Beaverbank
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlexEMB)
I have applied and received a conditional offer to which I've made my firm choice and am now proceeding to choose my '5 preferences' of accommodation, as the MyEd site instructs. All possible choices (except for 1) are located not within walking distance to Edinburgh College of Art. I was wondering if anyone who knows the city better, is aware of bus routes to and from accommodation and campuses and how easy it is to locate them.
Accommodation includes: Murano, Haddington Place, Brae House, Beaverbank
There's a bus that goes from outside Murano (opposite the Sainsbury's Local) that stops at Surgeon's Hall, which is outside the Lidl. ECA should be a few minutes walk from there?

As for the others, I have no idea. Google Maps is generally very reliable when it comes to finding out which bus you need to take - I still use it.
oneflewovertcn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bike. Everywhere. Much cheaper, you get a decent workout in because of how hilly it is, and Edinburgh has pretty good infrastructure for cyclists. Only thing to bear in mind is investing in a decent lock as bike thieves are everywhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.53%
I'm not sure (57)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (365)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.51%

Watched Threads