The Student Room Group

Work Experience

How much work experience should I aim to get before applying to graduate entry medicine in October? I currently have 1 week planned on the renal ward in a hospital.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey, I am a graduate student on the undergrad course at KCL.

I don't know what the minimum requirements for entry are but I know other students who were accepted had a lot of experience. Usually, universities state what they require on their websites so I would definitely check those out to get a better idea!

Try to get a long-term position in care over the summer, that would definitely help imo. Also, it is important to say the most important thing is what you learned and how you reflect on the experience. Not so much the experience itself!

Good luck!

-KharmaMedic (on youtube)
Original post by ambercairney
How much work experience should I aim to get before applying to graduate entry medicine in October? I currently have 1 week planned on the renal ward in a hospital.

That's definitely enough. The most important thing with work experience is to be able to reflect on it properly in the personal statement and in interviews. Length of time doesn't matter as much; 1 week is plenty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending