sapah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey there, I am a year 11 student going to do ncs next month but is it worth it, I mean does it look good on your ucas for example does it make a difference since I haven't done d of e but I've got volunteering skills at various places and surely work experience and stuff like that is more important, so do unis value ncs?

Thanks in advance
Decipher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its a fun experience and for a cheap price, you spend 4 weeks with some strangers your age you make new friends and if you can get one of your friends to join you thats a bonus. The people i met on NCS went to my old college so you might even meet some people who you'll see in yr 12.
APatel160
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I met loads of friends. Before i was a bit shy but doing NCS made me "come out of my shell". If I was you I wouldnt see it as a thing to put done for uni and more of an experience to make the most out of your holiday, plus if you want to do DofE gold in year 12 the residential counts towards it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sapah)
Hey there, I am a year 11 student going to do ncs next month but is it worth it, I mean does it look good on your ucas for example does it make a difference since I haven't done d of e but I've got volunteering skills at various places and surely work experience and stuff like that is more important, so do unis value ncs?

Thanks in advance
Ncs and dofe won’t help your university application.

Do these things because you think you’ll enjoy them not because you think they will matter for ucas
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope. I found it a waste of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (644)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (816)
42.41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.65%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.47%

Watched Threads