UEA Accommodation Watch

lina_t
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Has anyone already had their accommodation confirmed? Did you get your first option? How long did it take the uni to allocate a room?
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lina_t)
Has anyone already had their accommodation confirmed? Did you get your first option? How long did it take the uni to allocate a room?
Are you undergraduate or postgraduate?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lina_t
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Are you undergraduate or postgraduate?
Undergraduate
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Undergraduate
Rooms aren't allocated until after your offer becomes Unconditional - i.e. usually after Results Day.

https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergra...tion-we-are-in
g.regga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I was given an unconditional offer for Drama in mid-April (way later than my other unis). Firmed the offer straight away and applied for accommodation as soon as I got the email a few days later telling me to do so. I've seen different stories about the process, some saying room offers are given to unconditionals in June and some saying July, but both do say room offers aren't made for conditionals until they know you're going to UEA (results day as the guy said above) - still haven't got an offer but I'm refreshing my emails every day, fingers crossed for ziggurats !!
lina_t
Rep:
?
(Original post by g.regga)
I was given an unconditional offer for Drama in mid-April (way later than my other unis). Firmed the offer straight away and applied for accommodation as soon as I got the email a few days later telling me to do so. I've seen different stories about the process, some saying room offers are given to unconditionals in June and some saying July, but both do say room offers aren't made for conditionals until they know you're going to UEA (results day as the guy said above) - still haven't got an offer but I'm refreshing my emails every day, fingers crossed for ziggurats !!
I'm waiting for my diploma and I really hope I get it soon because the sooner the better. Ziggurats is my first choice too!
SomeWelshGuy123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Unconditionals get sent out the week of July 2nd, postgrad from August 1st and regular room offers are sent out in the week starting August 20th.
https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/key-dates
Clur.M.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I received my accommodation offer today, I'm postgrad and have an unconditional offer, I got offered my first choice. I may have heard earlier as I'm classed as a disabled student though.
student2six
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You should’ve had an email from UEA very recently. I’ve an UF and I get my room tomorrow! They usually send out UF room offers WB 2nd July, if you haven’t got it yet, you should do very soon, be vigilant with your emails and see you in September!
racheljyne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey!

I received my accommodation offer yesterday (3rd July) for the zigs!!! Standard single ziggurat was my 1st choice, and as I hoped for this allocation, my wish came true haha! Good luck everyone with getting your 1st choice!
racheljyne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have you got an accommodation offer now? hoping for you getting the ziggs! I've been allocated Norfolk terrace B-block!
g.regga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by racheljyne)
Have you got an accommodation offer now? hoping for you getting the ziggs! I've been allocated Norfolk terrace B-block!
Yep, Suffolk Terrace D-block !
University of East Anglia
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi lina_t,

Thank you for your questions. If you have already applied for your accommodation, you do not need to do anything else until you hear back from the accommodation team. If your offer to study at UEA is conditional, they will contact you with your room offer in the week beginning 20th August 2018 (subject to eligibility.)

Once you’ve received your room offer, you’ll have 3 days to accept it. During this time window you need to have checked the terms and conditions and completed the short online induction task. Once you have done this, you will sent all the information you need! If you have any queries, get in contact with the UEA accommodation team on [email protected] or 01603 592092.

Best of luck! If you have any more questions, please do ask!

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
lina_t
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by University of East Anglia)
Hi lina_t,

Thank you for your questions. If you have already applied for your accommodation, you do not need to do anything else until you hear back from the accommodation team. If your offer to study at UEA is conditional, they will contact you with your room offer in the week beginning 20th August 2018 (subject to eligibility.)

Once you’ve received your room offer, you’ll have 3 days to accept it. During this time window you need to have checked the terms and conditions and completed the short online induction task. Once you have done this, you will sent all the information you need! If you have any queries, get in contact with the UEA accommodation team on [email protected] or 01603 592092.

Best of luck! If you have any more questions, please do ask!

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
So students with conditional offers who have fulfilled the requirements and have sent their diplomas will hear from the accommodation team in August?
University of East Anglia
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So students with conditional offers who have fulfilled the requirements and have sent their diplomas will hear from the accommodation team in August?
Hi lina_t,

Yes, this is correct. Our key-dates timeline states that room offers for Undergraduates (Post A-level and those who have had Unconditional Firm offers between 30th June and 31st July) will be sent out the week commencing August 20th.

I also want to mention that depending on the number of rooms that we have to allocate, it could take a couple of weeks for everyone to receive their offer, as we divide the room allocations into batches and spread them out to be able to deal with the email and phone queries. Although it is not on our timeline, it is worth mentioning as some students get worried if they have not received their offer by the end of that week. In addition, students with medical needs or other details in their application might take longer to process as they have to be manually allocated.

I hope this helps!

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
derxk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I recieved my offer some weeks ago and I’m in Suffolk terrace A block.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.67%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.33%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
5%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.67%
No (41)
68.33%

Watched Threads