The Student Room Group

Year 12 Law work experience

I'm currently in year 12 and am very interested in pursuing a career in law. I have looked around for work experience for a while but can't seem to find anything that will take me on:frown: I was hoping someone may have some suggestions on what to do and where best to find experience?

Thanks!
where do you live? i live in northern ireland and managed to get work experience with the courts service
Reply 2
Original post by amyclements123
where do you live? i live in northern ireland and managed to get work experience with the courts service

I live in the South of England so a bit further away from you aha. It's really difficult to find places that will take me down here unfortunately!
Reply 3
Do you have any family friends who could put you in touch with people?

I guess they are hesitant because of the confidential nature of the job but I know many people who secured placements with solicitors and courts. Often it is best to ring ahead to ask who to address a letter to, then deliver it in person so they can put a face to a name. Specify dates you are able to attend which will help them too.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lwescott
Do you have any family friends who could put you in touch with people?

I guess they are hesitant because of the confidential nature of the job but I know many people who secured placements with solicitors and courts. Often it is best to ring ahead to ask who to address a letter to, then deliver it in person so they can put a face to a name. Specify dates you are able to attend which will help them too.

Good luck :smile:

I have asked a few of my family members and family friends if they know anyone but haven't been quite so lucky.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep having a look around:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest