The Student Room Group

GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition

Anyone know some good revision resources? Ty :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracielyons15
Anyone know some good revision resources? Ty :smile:

Seneca Learning has an AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition section.
Original post by Kakemono
Seneca Learning has an AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition section.

Never heard of that, I’ll give it a go, ty
Reply 3
How did the exam go for you?
Original post by ACNics
How did the exam go for you?

Fine ty! Apart from the question about naming 3 pathogens causing food poisoning because i wrote names like salmonella but apparently you had to write mould etc? Idk 😂 I do OCR btw. Wbu?
Fine ty! Apart from the question about naming 3 pathogens causing food poisoning because i wrote names like salmonella but apparently you had to write mould etc? Idk 😂 I do OCR btw. Wbu?

Hey there! I did OCR GCSE Food preparation and nutrition too..:smile: I don't really think mould would have been the answer for that bacteria question which causes food poisoning. I wrote Salmonella, Staphylococcus Aureas and Bacillus Cerus.. The spelling was a bit tricky here!
Original post by Janaki Sounda
Hey there! I did OCR GCSE Food preparation and nutrition too..:smile: I don't really think mould would have been the answer for that bacteria question which causes food poisoning. I wrote Salmonella, Staphylococcus Aureas and Bacillus Cerus.. The spelling was a bit tricky here!

Thank goodness!! I wrote salmonella, e.coli and bacillus (but not cerus so idk if I’ll get the mark). Not sure why someone told me that was wrong 😂 and I’m slightly irritated about the staphylococcus one because if I’d revised it I know for sure I’d have remembered it!
I did the same. I put salmonella, ecoli and listeria. What did you think of the overall paper?
Thank goodness!! I wrote salmonella, e.coli and bacillus (but not cerus so idk if I’ll get the mark). Not sure why someone told me that was wrong 😂 and I’m slightly irritated about the staphylococcus one because if I’d revised it I know for sure I’d have remembered it!

I am pretty sure you will be fine! Anyway, how did that 12 mark question on Pregnancy advice go?
Original post by tesskins123
I did the same. I put salmonella, ecoli and listeria. What did you think of the overall paper?

Overall, the paper was positive. But I do think I missed out a couple of marks on some questions (e.g the 6 mark question on making cheese). I hope you did well! How do you think the paper went?
I am pretty sure you will be fine! Anyway, how did that 12 mark question on Pregnancy advice go?

Ty :smile: absolutely fine, I wrote about eating a healthy and balanced diet, consuming plenty of calcium and folic acid (and carbohydrates for energy for both mother and baby), and refraining from smoking, drinking and using drugs. I wrote about 3 sentences for each with detailed explanation so quite happy :smile: wbu?
Ty :smile: absolutely fine, I wrote about eating a healthy and balanced diet, consuming plenty of calcium and folic acid (and carbohydrates for energy for both mother and baby), and refraining from smoking, drinking and using drugs. I wrote about 3 sentences for each with detailed explanation so quite happy :smile: wbu?

Great!:smile: I wrote about calcium and folate supplements too! My first paragraph was based on what a pregnant woman should avoid (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar) and then I wrote on what the consequences of not avoiding a particular diet would be (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar is likely to lead to an increased risk of diabetes, obesity, cholesterol..etc and then eventually pre-eclampsia)
I hope we all get full marks on that question! :h: Also, I hope the grade boundaries are low so that we can all come out with 9s and 8s :h:! How did your coursework go? What dishes did you make for NEA2?
Great!:smile: I wrote about calcium and folate supplements too! My first paragraph was based on what a pregnant woman should avoid (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar) and then I wrote on what the consequences of not avoiding a particular diet would be (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar is likely to lead to an increased risk of diabetes, obesity, cholesterol..etc and then eventually pre-eclampsia)
I hope we all get full marks on that question! :h: Also, I hope the grade boundaries are low so that we can all come out with 9s and 8s :h:! How did your coursework go? What dishes did you make for NEA2?

Same! To be honest I think the grade boundaries will be lowered significantly because of all the people who took food because they thought it would be easy haha! I think my NEA went fine, but I kind of wish I did more challenging dishes because although they were very tasty I know I can cook to a higher level 😂 I did a salami, pepper, tomato and mozzarella pizza with a rocket salad, spinach&feta pies with a mixed salad and layered chocolate& peanut butter cheesecakes 😋 what did you do?
Wow! Those dishes are good :argh: ! For me the timing was quite tight but I eventually got there! Yep, I agree with the grade boundaries :u:... I did Mango Lassi, Paneer Puff with red chilly chutney, Vegetable Kohlapuri (indian curry) with Lemon rice and chapatti (1 entire dish - took me long :redface:) Haha, I mean it definitely is difficult to choose all three high levelled skill dishes:smile: Anyways, good luck with results day! I hope you come out smiling with fantastic results! Congrats with Food btw! :h:
Wow! Those dishes are good :argh: ! For me the timing was quite tight but I eventually got there! Yep, I agree with the grade boundaries :u:... I did Mango Lassi, Paneer Puff with red chilly chutney, Vegetable Kohlapuri (indian curry) with Lemon rice and chapatti (1 entire dish - took me long :redface:) Haha, I mean it definitely is difficult to choose all three high levelled skill dishes:smile: Anyways, good luck with results day! I hope you come out smiling with fantastic results! Congrats with Food btw! :h:

They sound yummy! Yes I finished about 30 seconds before the time limit haha! Same goes for you with results, good luck! :smile:
They sound yummy! Yes I finished about 30 seconds before the time limit haha! Same goes for you with results, good luck! :smile:

Haha ! Aww thank you :smile:!
Reply 16
Ohhh haha, I did AQA is was probably easiest exam I sat!
Original post by ACNics
Ohhh haha, I did AQA is was probably easiest exam I sat!

definitely!!
Reply 18
I think maths has gone terrible! Which exam board were you for maths?
Original post by ACNics
I think maths has gone terrible! Which exam board were you for maths?

Edexcel and i found it very hard too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest