Anyone know some good revision resources? Ty
Kakemono
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gracielyons15)
Anyone know some good revision resources? Ty
Seneca Learning has an AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition section.
gracielyons15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kakemono)
Seneca Learning has an AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition section.
Never heard of that, I’ll give it a go, ty
ACNics
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did the exam go for you?
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
(Original post by ACNics)
How did the exam go for you?
Fine ty! Apart from the question about naming 3 pathogens causing food poisoning because i wrote names like salmonella but apparently you had to write mould etc? Idk 😂 I do OCR btw. Wbu?
Janaki Sounda
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fine ty! Apart from the question about naming 3 pathogens causing food poisoning because i wrote names like salmonella but apparently you had to write mould etc? Idk 😂 I do OCR btw. Wbu?
Hey there! I did OCR GCSE Food preparation and nutrition too.. I don't really think mould would have been the answer for that bacteria question which causes food poisoning. I wrote Salmonella, Staphylococcus Aureas and Bacillus Cerus.. The spelling was a bit tricky here!
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Janaki Sounda)
Hey there! I did OCR GCSE Food preparation and nutrition too.. I don't really think mould would have been the answer for that bacteria question which causes food poisoning. I wrote Salmonella, Staphylococcus Aureas and Bacillus Cerus.. The spelling was a bit tricky here!
Thank goodness!! I wrote salmonella, e.coli and bacillus (but not cerus so idk if I’ll get the mark). Not sure why someone told me that was wrong 😂 and I’m slightly irritated about the staphylococcus one because if I’d revised it I know for sure I’d have remembered it!
tesskins123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did the same. I put salmonella, ecoli and listeria. What did you think of the overall paper?
Janaki Sounda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank goodness!! I wrote salmonella, e.coli and bacillus (but not cerus so idk if I’ll get the mark). Not sure why someone told me that was wrong 😂 and I’m slightly irritated about the staphylococcus one because if I’d revised it I know for sure I’d have remembered it!
I am pretty sure you will be fine! Anyway, how did that 12 mark question on Pregnancy advice go?
Janaki Sounda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tesskins123)
I did the same. I put salmonella, ecoli and listeria. What did you think of the overall paper?
Overall, the paper was positive. But I do think I missed out a couple of marks on some questions (e.g the 6 mark question on making cheese). I hope you did well! How do you think the paper went?
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
I am pretty sure you will be fine! Anyway, how did that 12 mark question on Pregnancy advice go?
Ty absolutely fine, I wrote about eating a healthy and balanced diet, consuming plenty of calcium and folic acid (and carbohydrates for energy for both mother and baby), and refraining from smoking, drinking and using drugs. I wrote about 3 sentences for each with detailed explanation so quite happy wbu?
Janaki Sounda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ty absolutely fine, I wrote about eating a healthy and balanced diet, consuming plenty of calcium and folic acid (and carbohydrates for energy for both mother and baby), and refraining from smoking, drinking and using drugs. I wrote about 3 sentences for each with detailed explanation so quite happy wbu?
Great! I wrote about calcium and folate supplements too! My first paragraph was based on what a pregnant woman should avoid (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar) and then I wrote on what the consequences of not avoiding a particular diet would be (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar is likely to lead to an increased risk of diabetes, obesity, cholesterol..etc and then eventually pre-eclampsia)
I hope we all get full marks on that question! Also, I hope the grade boundaries are low so that we can all come out with 9s and 8s ! How did your coursework go? What dishes did you make for NEA2?
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
Great! I wrote about calcium and folate supplements too! My first paragraph was based on what a pregnant woman should avoid (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar) and then I wrote on what the consequences of not avoiding a particular diet would be (e.g a diet high in saturated fats and sugar is likely to lead to an increased risk of diabetes, obesity, cholesterol..etc and then eventually pre-eclampsia)
I hope we all get full marks on that question! Also, I hope the grade boundaries are low so that we can all come out with 9s and 8s ! How did your coursework go? What dishes did you make for NEA2?
Same! To be honest I think the grade boundaries will be lowered significantly because of all the people who took food because they thought it would be easy haha! I think my NEA went fine, but I kind of wish I did more challenging dishes because although they were very tasty I know I can cook to a higher level 😂 I did a salami, pepper, tomato and mozzarella pizza with a rocket salad, spinach&feta pies with a mixed salad and layered chocolate& peanut butter cheesecakes 😋 what did you do?
Janaki Sounda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow! Those dishes are good :argh: ! For me the timing was quite tight but I eventually got there! Yep, I agree with the grade boundaries ... I did Mango Lassi, Paneer Puff with red chilly chutney, Vegetable Kohlapuri (indian curry) with Lemon rice and chapatti (1 entire dish - took me long ) Haha, I mean it definitely is difficult to choose all three high levelled skill dishes Anyways, good luck with results day! I hope you come out smiling with fantastic results! Congrats with Food btw!
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
Wow! Those dishes are good :argh: ! For me the timing was quite tight but I eventually got there! Yep, I agree with the grade boundaries ... I did Mango Lassi, Paneer Puff with red chilly chutney, Vegetable Kohlapuri (indian curry) with Lemon rice and chapatti (1 entire dish - took me long ) Haha, I mean it definitely is difficult to choose all three high levelled skill dishes Anyways, good luck with results day! I hope you come out smiling with fantastic results! Congrats with Food btw!
They sound yummy! Yes I finished about 30 seconds before the time limit haha! Same goes for you with results, good luck!
Janaki Sounda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They sound yummy! Yes I finished about 30 seconds before the time limit haha! Same goes for you with results, good luck!
Haha ! Aww thank you !
ACNics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ohhh haha, I did AQA is was probably easiest exam I sat!
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
Ohhh haha, I did AQA is was probably easiest exam I sat!
definitely!!
ACNics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think maths has gone terrible! Which exam board were you for maths?
gracielyons15
Rep:
?
I think maths has gone terrible! Which exam board were you for maths?
Edexcel and i found it very hard too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads