just had an interview for an access to science course and did very badly. need advice Watch

aksess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was assessed on my English and maths and despite getting an A in my gcse maths, i didn't score very well on today's assessment. because of this, i wasn't accepted into the course.

now I'm considering doing a btec level 3 in science or maybe an access course at another college. Any advice?

would help if any of you did access courses after not doing so well in the initial assessment process. I know I can do much better in maths and in just a little out of practice. Is it worth it to keep trying to do access or shall I just do a two year btec course which will be less intense?
DarkSunGwyndolin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not really sure on this accessment process you're talking about. I'm on access at the moment (nearly done), and I was only allowed on because I retook and passed my GCSE English. Is that not an option?
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aksess)
I was assessed on my English and maths and despite getting an A in my gcse maths, i didn't score very well on today's assessment. because of this, i wasn't accepted into the course.

now I'm considering doing a btec level 3 in science or maybe an access course at another college. Any advice?

would help if any of you did access courses after not doing so well in the initial assessment process. I know I can do much better in maths and in just a little out of practice. Is it worth it to keep trying to do access or shall I just do a two year btec course which will be less intense?
What occurs in the assessment process? Doing well in your gcses will be taken into account probably, but also how well you'll be able to cope with the work load.
aksess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by MKaur18)
What occurs in the assessment process? Doing well in your gcses will be taken into account probably, but also how well you'll be able to cope with the work load.
I did my GCSEs back in 2011 and did well in them. however I was made to take a functional skills assessment during my interview and didn't do so well as it's been so long and my maths skills are a little shaky. now I'm worried that I won't be able to get into the course
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aksess)
I did my GCSEs back in 2011 and did well in them. however I was made to take a functional skills assessment during my interview and didn't do so well as it's been so long and my maths skills are a little shaky. now I'm worried that I won't be able to get into the course
You can't do much now that the assessments have occurred now. Have you applied for anything else at other places? If so, make sure you do some maths preparation. At least you have an idea of what it'll be like next time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (426)
43.69%
No (104)
10.67%
I'm not old enough (445)
45.64%

Watched Threads