?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what r ur opinions
john_iqbal786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IMO Physics is much harder (for A level). Physics you need to learn the content and then be able to apply it to various situations. Whereas chemistry you just have to memorise everything. While there mabye some slightly hard calculation questions in chemistry, you can get familiar with these through past paper questions as they ask they always ask the same type of questions.

While you also need to apply your knowledge in chemistry, I just find that you're not required to, to the same extent in physics. However, overall chemistry is still a hard subject which needs alot of work put into it for a decent grade,, just not as much as physics (Well I feel this is the case for OCR A spec anyway)
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics without a doubt, what kind of question even is this...
rakhtar06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics - I can't even find exam questions for Paper 2
sakboi21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics!!! I knew I failed physics before I even took my exams...
username3480226
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics. The exams are much more difficult to prepare for, and generally the content is seen to be harder too. Chemistry is more clear and standardised in what you need to know and what they examine you on.
SilentStudent.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Geology xD
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chemistry, the questions are so nit picky and the grade boundaries high. In chemistry if you don't know something going in for a particular question then you are ****ed. At least with physics you can sort of work it out on the spot and explain processes logically.
zzaaiinn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my opinion, Chemistry is harder. I find physics easy. If you're good at maths, you're generally good at physics. For chemistry, you need to know the background knowledge and need to learn how to answer specific questions. Hence reason i find chemistry harder.
_RobbieL_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're good at maths, chemistry is harder, if you suck at maths, physics is harder
username3694440
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
physics is harder to get your head around, but if you manage it, it's easier to do quite well because the boundaries are very low. chemistry is conceptually easier, but the boundaries are a lot higher and resources like chemrevise mean that a lot of people who do it are very very well prepared
lexiwilliamz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Physics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (194)
60.06%
No (71)
21.98%
Not sure (58)
17.96%

Watched Threads