so so scared of pregnancy and childbirth Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey, guys, I'm fairly new here so I won't take too long. I am 16 and I want to have sex but I'm super scared of pregnancy. I get anxious even at the word pregnancy. I don't know what it is but I find it absolutely terrifying, everything about it almost brings me to tears. I trust my boyfriend a lot but this is his first time too and he's going to wear a condom but I just can't bear the thought or even fact if i got pregnant. Can someone please advise me on how to get over this fear? I cannot just walk to a sexual health clinic because there is none within walking distance plus there are no bus routes where i live. Thank you. I am currently waiting to speak to an online counsellor but I can't really wait around all night as I need to sleep. Thank you.
xFFDPx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, guys, I'm fairly new here so I won't take too long. I am 16 and I want to have sex but I'm super scared of pregnancy. I get anxious even at the word pregnancy. I don't know what it is but I find it absolutely terrifying, everything about it almost brings me to tears. I trust my boyfriend a lot but this is his first time too and he's going to wear a condom but I just can't bear the thought or even fact if i got pregnant. Can someone please advise me on how to get over this fear? I cannot just walk to a sexual health clinic because there is none within walking distance plus there are no bus routes where i live. Thank you. I am currently waiting to speak to an online counsellor but I can't really wait around all night as I need to sleep. Thank you.
Are you able to go on some form of birth control?
If you’re on a contraceptive, that could help to put your mind at ease that you’re protected if the condom doesn’t work. Although you should keep in mind that the time contraceptives do fail is if the condom hasn’t been put on correctly/out of date/there’s a hole etc. or if your taking the pill, you haven’t been consistent with you timings.
I take the mini pill and I make sure it’s taken at the same time, my boyfriend & I don’t use condoms because the pill stops pregnancy.

Alternatively if it scares you that much, then just wait until you’re older and you’ve gotten over your fear as if the worst did happen, maybe you could deal with the situation a lot better. There’s no rush into having sex
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JTfoxlove
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Good advice above (not being able to thumb is irritating).

1. I'd go to the doctor and talk about your concerns and going on the pill. You don't have to tell your boyfriend that you are on the pill and so continue to use condoms too. This combined make pregnancy all but impossible.
2. Lots of people have this fear, I'm afraid. Some people keep pregnancy tests and morning after pills in the house just in case. This is kinda sad but it's true. Unfortunately, such a fear must impact your happiness and desire to engage in sexual activity - I'd talk to both your doctors and partner about this and do some research.

Anyhow - you're not powerless - don't suffer in silence and take it easy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xFFDPx)
Are you able to go on some form of birth control?
If you’re on a contraceptive, that could help to put your mind at ease that you’re protected if the condom doesn’t work. Although you should keep in mind that the time contraceptives do fail is if the condom hasn’t been put on correctly/out of date/there’s a hole etc. or if your taking the pill, you haven’t been consistent with you timings.
I take the mini pill and I make sure it’s taken at the same time, my boyfriend & I don’t use condoms because the pill stops pregnancy.

Alternatively if it scares you that much, then just wait until you’re older and you’ve gotten over your fear as if the worst did happen, maybe you could deal with the situation a lot better. There’s no rush into having sex
hi i am able to as such but i am afraid to ask as the first thing my parents will think is that i've had sex, which i clearly haven't. I also want to go on the pill to help lighten my period. thanks for advice. x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JTfoxlove)
Good advice above (not being able to thumb is irritating).

1. I'd go to the doctor and talk about your concerns and going on the pill. You don't have to tell your boyfriend that you are on the pill and so continue to use condoms too. This combined make pregnancy all but impossible.
2. Lots of people have this fear, I'm afraid. Some people keep pregnancy tests and morning after pills in the house just in case. This is kinda sad but it's true. Unfortunately, such a fear must impact your happiness and desire to engage in sexual activity - I'd talk to both your doctors and partner about this and do some research.

Anyhow - you're not powerless - don't suffer in silence and take it easy
hi thank you i will take your advice into severe consideration x
xFFDPx
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi i am able to as such but i am afraid to ask as the first thing my parents will think is that i've had sex, which i clearly haven't. I also want to go on the pill to help lighten my period. thanks for advice. x
Maybe when you’ve next had your period, talk to your mum that it’s really bothering you and you’d like to go on the pill to help make them lighter. She might understand as she’s had them too so she’ll know how it feels and that way, she might not automatically assume that it’s because you’re having sex x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads