Opinions on Viagogo concert tickets?? Watch

faith28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my dad bought me two tickets yesterday to see Shawn Mendes in april next year. Came across some on Viagogo for a reasonable price and most of the tickets for that section had sold out on other websites so we bought them and I was very happy until I discovered all of the bad reviews and news of scams etc related to Viagogo. I asked my dad about it and he said he knew about it but still doesn’t think it’s likely they’ll be fake or whatever and he told me it will be fine. I’ve only seen either very positive or very negative reviews about the site and most of them were about the ridiculous prices not about being scammed but I’m still worried. 1) Have you bought tickets from Viagogo and if so were they legit and did they arrive on time? 2) Should I ring up Viagogo and talk to them about what to do if my tickets end up being fake as I read about a woman doing this and they were very reassuring and her tickets were fine in the end? 3) Should I ring the arena once I receive the tickets and ask them if there is any way they can say that the tickets are legit before I go? 4) When should I expect to receive the tickets? I know it can be as late as a few days before the event and the event isn’t until April 2019 but what’s the earliest I should expect?
angela19xoxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My sister bought me tickets to see Shawn Mendes next year with the same website as well, I've only read the reviews about it now and I heard people have been turned away before I'm quite nervous, but it would be a good idea to ring the arena about it. Btw, has yours arrived?
lindsey121
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I recently bought 3 tickets for me and family, to see britney in concert, I spent alot of money on them and paying it back slowly. They looked like really good seats on the map. I tried doing the presale tickets online, was up really early on the site linked from britneys website to purchase these tickets on the day straight away. though when I got onto the site it kept stopping! think there were too many people on it trying to get the presales. I kept trying! I was panicking and rang one my family to ask for advice, she said keep trying the site! it got to about half hour later so I decided to google presale britney tickets and Viagogo came up straight away. I had a look and saw 3 seated tickets in what seems to be a good section, even checked the seating map on the arenas website- not the map on viagogo. so i rang my family saying should i put the order in now because says on the site they are selling really fast and only have a certain time to buy the tickets! as i was panicking my family member was like yeah go ahead, i promised id pay back every penny for the tickets, he knew how much i really wanted to go.and hes coming too, so i went for it, when it got to checking our for 3 people in good seats, family said yeah ok, I've already paid most of it back but now im panicking after reading that they're a scam etc also use different names. with certain arenas they want id of the payment etc. I'm really worried now that I made a huge mistake! Im a fan and was waiting ages to go see her perform, even with the extra money didn't mind as long as we could get to go to her concert, its in 2 months time but now really worried and have mixed thoughts. I know there have been a few reports that they dont work etc, then other people are saying they're legit, you'll get in etc. Now I'm just really confused. I did contact viagogo with worry, they replied saying I will be able to get in and that the buyer does not get paid until after the event and when we know you went to the event... either way, if it doesnt work out, buyer doesnt get paid, we dont get into venue, please help! should i be worried?
planedeals
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
im interested were these tickets ok ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads