The Student Room Group

Can't stop thinking about the mistakes I've made in exams

Hi guys,

I'm currently half way through my A-level exams and I can't stop thinking and worrying about how badly I've done. I know there's no way to know atm but I have such a bad feeling that I've failed. Just now I've realised that I've made a massive mistake in my exam yesterday and I'm in tears. I know it sounds pathetic but I've worked so hard for these exams all year and I'm messing everything up. I'm 100% certain I'm not getting into my firm and doing the course I've wanted to do since year 8.

I don't know what to do :frown:
relatable
Reply 2
No point crying over spilt milk. Resit them if the worst comes to the worst. Take care.
dont dwell on the past rn
im the same.

I can remember my exact revision timetable from 3 years ago, I remember making decisions to ignore certain chapters and running out of time to practise other questions.

I remember the exact question in exam and how I struggled to rearrange which meant I couldnt apply optimization techniques I had spent 5 days revising.
This is actually me, I keep thinking about everything that goes wrong and how it might cost me. Sadly as everyone says there's nothing at all you can do besides work really hard for those last exams!
You've got this :rave:
Life goes on, Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. Dont dwell on the mistakes, cant go and change them now. If you dont wanna resit go through clearing and you'll be fine. Some unis will even let you in with lower grades than your UCAS offer so no stress. Just see what happens in August.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I'm currently half way through my A-level exams and I can't stop thinking and worrying about how badly I've done. I know there's no way to know atm but I have such a bad feeling that I've failed. Just now I've realised that I've made a massive mistake in my exam yesterday and I'm in tears. I know it sounds pathetic but I've worked so hard for these exams all year and I'm messing everything up. I'm 100% certain I'm not getting into my firm and doing the course I've wanted to do since year 8.

I don't know what to do :frown:

Have a good cry, then but your brave face on and focus on your remaining exams.
All worrying does is undermine and cost you marks.
Good revision gains you marks? Which one will you decide to do?

In the event it doesnt happen then resit and its not the end of the world.

Have a milk drink and then get some sleep.
Hey! Don’t worry about this! One of my A-level teachers would tell us ‘if you remember the things you missed in the exam, that’s a good sign because it shows you have a good understanding of the topic’ - I’ve completely slaughtered the original quote 😂 but what she meant was, if you can remember what you didn’t put, that means you’ve obviously put a lot of other information in, so you should be fine! Don’t overthink this, you’ve spent all year studying, so there’s no way you’ve failed. And about university choices, 1) you don’t know for sure that you’re not getting into your firm, you may have done better than you thought, alternatively, some uni’s will let you in with slightly lower grades. 2) there’s almost 300 universities in the UK, not getting into one doesn’t mean you can’t study at another. Keep your chin up and good luck with the rest of your exams! X
Reply 9
Can you fix it? If so, fix it - no point worrying. If not, no point worrying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending