The Student Room Group

Higher Communication & Literature

Has anyone ever studied Higher Communication & Literature? I've recieved an unconditional offer for this, however I'm not sure exactly what the contents of the course are. I understand that it is similar to English, but other than that, I do not know much about it. I struggle to write stories and whatnot, but I am very good at persuasive/discursive (etc.) essays and critical analysis. Does Communication & Literature require you to write stories etc? Thanks
Original post by g131999
Has anyone ever studied Higher Communication & Literature? I've recieved an unconditional offer for this, however I'm not sure exactly what the contents of the course are. I understand that it is similar to English, but other than that, I do not know much about it. I struggle to write stories and whatnot, but I am very good at persuasive/discursive (etc.) essays and critical analysis. Does Communication & Literature require you to write stories etc? Thanks

Why did you apply to a course you know nothing about?
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Why did you apply to a course you know nothing about?

I'm very spontaneous and I figured it would be easier than English :')
Original post by g131999
I'm very spontaneous and I figured it would be easier than English :':wink:

The easier option isn't always the right or smartest option.

Write that down. :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
The easier option isn't always the right or smartest option.

Write that down. :wink:

Well, I'm stuck with it now. Might as well deal with the consequences LOL.
Original post by g131999

Have a look on the website where they'll tell you the course structure. If you have any other questions they don't answer on there, it'd be best to email or ring the course leader/the university which I'm sure will be detailed on the website.

I don't think communication and literature will include creative writing, though there might be one or two modules of it. I think it'll more likely be your normal English lit modules (reading and critically analysing), then some communication modules (theory and analytic/evaluative writing).

I don't see how it's any easier than English though, it sounds just like English to me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending